• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

8bpc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Small or Medium depending on how close you want to cut things. I have a 38" chest and I'm medium.

Damn in between size... always a guessing game.
wink.gif
Thanks for the feedback.

work the raw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Exactly, I wear an XL in BoO and I have a 41" chest, I'm 6' 187lbs at 11% body fat. I'm far from a big guy and most people actually tell me to gain weight, but I guess in SF world I'm fat too then...

I thought it was a universal fact that BoO sizing runs crazy small.

I have three BoO oxfords, two overdyed (which I read somewhere run a bit smaller because of the dying process). All three are L's, and they fit me nicely -- not emo-tight, but fitted. In a wee-man label like Cloak, to give some perspective, I was an S-to-M.

Perhaps it's just last season of BoO that this was the case?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by work the raw
I thought it was a universal fact that BoO sizing runs crazy small.

I have three BoO oxfords, two overdyed (which I read somewhere run a bit smaller because of the dying process). All three are L's, and they fit me nicely -- not emo-tight, but fitted. In a wee-man label like Cloak, to give some perspective, I was an S-to-M.

Perhaps it's just last season of BoO that this was the case?

i know this, i was explaining it to someone else. i own at least 10 BoO shirts, most are XL, but i can fit into the occasional L as well...

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I want to say rarely, unless you come across the odd sale like South Willard had, but if you're lucky some places can get them as low as $120-100. I just bought one of the last few F/W pieces Aparment Number 9 had last weekend for $115. It's just that the actually articles of clothing rarely stay on the shelves long enough to hit super deep discounts...

Apartment No. 9 in Santa Monica/Brentwood has something like 5+ BoO mediums from F/W, as well as a few in other sizes still left. They were at 60% off this weekend, which put the one I bought at around $100.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have info on the BoO cotton poplin baseball jacket? Looking to purchase one, but unsure when they usually get shipped/become available. Thanks

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I'm about the same as you. 6'1 and 185. XL in BoO.

x3

I'm 6" 185lbs and wear an XL in BoO and it is form fitting but not nearly too tight.

bdr3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Anyone have info on the BoO cotton poplin baseball jacket? Looking to purchase one, but unsure when they usually get shipped/become available. Thanks

I have one. I'm not sure what info you are looking for. Mine retailed at ~$400. I take an XL in the shirts but went for a large in the jacket. It is unlined and fairly lightweight. SS09 has started shipping so I imagine it will show up soon. Cheers.

constantine.

Reaction score
anyone know if this seasons batiste overdyes fit as snug as last seasons overdyes?

bsyde82

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of their suits and outerwear compared to their shirts? Just in case Gilt has something that requires trigger pulling

If I'm normally a 38, would I be the same in BoO. and jackets?

KA1555

Reaction score
if I think the J.Crew and Ralph Lauren Slim Fit oxfords aren't slim enough in a small for me (I mean, I manage, and they still look decent, but I could use a slimmer shirt), should I go for a small in Band of Outsiders?

Likewise, I'm generally a 36s in suits, but in slim fitting ones, I'm typically a 38s, for example - I own a Hickey suit that's a 38s, and I'm a 38s in Ralph Lauren Black Label.

What would I be in Band of Outsiders?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A small in BoO is a 36in chest, a medium being a 38in chest if that helps any

kit99bar

Reaction score
does that directly correspond to the pit to pit measurement? 38in chest = 19 pit to pit?

Originally Posted by KitAkira
A small in BoO is a 36in chest, a medium being a 38in chest if that helps any

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
does that directly correspond to the pit to pit measurement? 38in chest = 19 pit to pit?

I think I saw somewhere (Context?) that a medium shirt was 18 and a L was 18.5 pit to pit.

poodlerock

Reaction score
If there's anyone who's not planning to throw his hat into the ring tomorrow but who would be interested in "proxying" for me please let me know:

I will be on Gilt promptly at noon ET for the Band of Outsiders sale, but am looking for someone else to help me in case I get shut out. I'll pay a 10% proxy fee to any kind soul willing to do this (and I can Paypal you for any goods you land within 5 minutes of receiving an invoice from you).

Please PM me today (Sunday) or early Monday if interested so I can get my strategy lined up. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads