• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shorts for spring ... recommendations

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
under 100 yikes... splendid is all I have. great shorts if you guys like colors.
Maybe Whodini will post pics of us wearing them

surrender

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I have in splendid mill, Woolrich woolen mills, nice collective, and get more in.

Do you still have Splendid size 30 in sky blue?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
under 100 yikes... splendid is all I have. great shorts if you guys like colors.
Maybe Whodini will post pics of us wearing them

I will when i get home. Totally biased opinioh here but the splendid short is the most comfortable piece i own, and i hate shorts. Too bad you guys were sleeping...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will probably end up buying banana republic shorts this summer, I get 50% off their clothes and they are not that bad.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Jorts made from old jeans. I'm gonna keep a banana in my pocket Bon Scott-style.
shockedpd1.gif
P.S. I really like the J. Crew 7" shorts but you can only pull them off if you've got nice legs.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the sky blue shorts in a 30 and a 34
I have the orange in a 30 and 34
I have the lavendar in 34

Whodini will post pics.
These shorts rock!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
img7382va7.jpg
A few things you should know: -The pocket lining is made out of this super-soft stretchy material. -The rear pockets are very deep so that you don't sit directly on your wallet. It also makes getting around much easier as the shorts are fairly trim. -Get your usual size. I'm usually a 32 and these fit perfectly on me. -Did I mention these things were comfortable?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
wear jeans all day, everyday.

if you can wear jeans, you should not be wearing shorts... because there are poor boys and girls who haven't yet advanced themselves to careers that allow them to wear jeans most of the day, think of these boys and girls when you are wearing shorts when you could be wearing jeans.

jeans > your face

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
like i mentioned in another thread

bless
damir
comme
sander

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i on ly own like 3 or 4 pairs of shorts; 2 rick owens, 1 pair od bdu's amnd a pair or raf by raf. hardly ever wear them.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im going to rock the short shorts with button ups tucked in and buttoned up all the way.and boat shoes all summer. i cant wait to show off my long beautiful gazelle like legs.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
like i mentioned in another thread

bless
damir
comme
sander

This is all high end stuff. Most of the people asking "what shorts for summer?" aren't going to go out and buy any of those brands.

**** you can find in a mall:
The new J Crew shorts look okay, I haven't tried them on yet though. Their previous efforts in the shorts department have been pretty awful.
Ralph Lauren makes pretty decent shorts that aren't too expensive, they're cut decently and the different cuts come in at least four or five different colors. Hit their website for more info.
Club Monaco makes a pair of 7" shorts that are fine and should be in stores right now, I have them in black. They also make some less fashiony, wider cargo ones that look marsupialed.
I have a pair of linen shorts from Old Navy that are surprisingly solid, don't be afraid to poke around there, but just remember that you get what you pay for quality-wise...

Wait until **** goes on sale, but Theory makes my favorite pair of shorts. Just don't let them make you pay 150 or whatever for them. John Varvatos also makes decent shorts that can be found on sale in the same department stores as Theory, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, whatever crap...JV diffusion brand quality is questionable though, so be wary of the USA Star and Converse lines if you feel compelled in that direction.

Actually, I think a good amount of my shorts (I have a lot being from SoFla) were just pants that I had cut down. Fits better that way. If you want a cheap chino-like slim short, buy a pair of J Crew or UO house brand chinos and have them hemmed to whatever length. I've done this by hand a bunch of times actually, works with corduroys pretty well too.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
He said what do you turn to not what are some cheap ass shorts you can find in the mall.

And when did you become so well versed in high end brands when two months ago all you kept talking about was club monaco?

bluemax

Reaction score
Please... just don't buy those plaid shorts that every frat boy marsupial will be wearing 4 weeks from now. Next guy I see wearing plaid shorts is gonna get a sucker punch from me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads