• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I feel that real HL from that period has staying power that eludes most designers. The stuff was classic but not through mere recapitulation. Do you still have things by him left in your wardrobe? Dry cleaning has killed most of mine. - B
Agreed; I loved my HL stuff and if he were still around, would probably still be wearing his stuff. I have a few things left; but most have just been worn into oblivion (jeans mostly). Some of the outerwear still holds up, including one of those nylon jackets with all the bondage straps everywhere. I think I have two button-front slim shirts from 96-99, but those lasted only because I didn't wear them as much. The egyptian cotton tees have long since disintegrated, sadly. Those were a lot of fun. I wish I had bought one of the Felix the Cat ones he did in 2004; I saw one on sale in Tokyo for like 4000 yen ($35) and I didn't buy it.
frown.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
3258311753_bd0f4f1d69_o.jpg

You forgot to crop out the viewer's left as superfluous.

Actually, just a closeup of the cigarette would be 98% of the value of this photograph.

- B

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone had to balance out the baldies.

- B

Well that's going to change in about an hour
tounge.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think without that physical fitness level of yours (note: not an invitation to post the bike riding pic), maintaining this thread would be impossible. As it stands, you have a fighting chance.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where was that train photo taken?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
I think without that physical fitness level of yours (note: not an invitation to post the bike riding pic), maintaining this thread would be impossible. As it stands, you have a fighting chance.

Unhealthy mind in a healthy body?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Well that's going to change in about an hour
tounge.gif

Sour economy leading to a termination of Hair Club for Men membership?

- B

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to look my best and hope Vox gives me an honorable mention once I post pictures.

I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh **** handbags...

But why did Yachtie's latest DB brown/green glen plain triple overcheck get posted...was this due to the 2nd ticket pocket or because it made him look like a corpulent industrialist?

As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unhealthy mind in a healthy body?

- B

Far more preferable than the other way around.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sour economy leading to a termination of Hair Club for Men membership?

- B

something like that...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
This thread makes me want to look my best and hope Vox gives me an honorable mention once I post pictures. I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh **** handbags... But why did Yachtie's latest DB brown/green glen plain triple overcheck get posted...was this due to the 2nd ticket pocket or because it made him look like a corpulent industrialist? As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?
**** is negative TWICE in one post? I'll give you one, but two?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh **** handbags...

As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
nvm

The social implications of sexuality should have the same level of presence in this thread as sex itself has in the lives of typical StyleForvm members...which is to say, nearly 0 (it would be 0.0 except for the fact that Kunkle can reach down at will, and thus, raises the Forvm average slightly.)

- B

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

You forgot to crop out the viewer's left as superfluous.

Actually, just a closeup of the cigarette would be 98% of the value of this photograph.

- B

Actually, my friend was much better dressed than me that day with all his Yohji. What's great is that he's short like the master and wearing a long, heavy coat and it works.

3225676453_293237b741.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The social implications of sexuality should have the same level of presence in this thread as sex itself has in the lives of typical StyleForvm members...which is to say, nearly 0 (it would be 0.0 except for the fact that Kunkle can reach down at will, and thus, raises the Forvm average slightly.)

- B

And teh RJ has teh nuptials, soon! That's got to count for something, right??? Right?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very proud that it was you who so quickly zeroed in on the need that this thread creates...which is the need for further editing.

When you bring it, you bring it all the way.

Thank yo

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Here you go:
3258311753_bd0f4f1d69_o.jpg

Channelling your inner Sonny Crockett FTW. What is this venue where they burn white shirts as a pagan ritual?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads