• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspiration

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
07ab807b079ea88a0bd375304cbee8342ff.jpg
108_15380661.jpg
Picture180.png
Picture183.png
dopes-1.png
bro0-003.jpg
0chriswiringshovelhead.jpg

brycep

Reaction score
Though I haven't posted much on here, I have been trolling for a while. After reading Whodini's post on where this forum was going, I thought an inspiration thread would be interesting. A quick search found that one had just been created (a may be a noob to this forum, but not to forums in general). Someday I will get around to posting some waywt pic's, like when the weather is appropriate for outfits of this style. Cuz i'm probably the most preppy/trad person in Bozeman, MT.
6228BluShortsweb.jpg
Shortsand-Card.jpg
pics courtesy of the Sartorialist

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Life Magazine...

for real, i wish it was still everywhere. I think our country needs its watered down propaganda... or at least decent photo-journalism.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a random note, Life's photographic archive is available online through Google Images. Just add "source:life" to the search query.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I almost bought that issue for 2-3 dollars once, wish i had...

I would love to have a big long 2 big long red strips along my bookshelf(LIFE,TIME), along with a yellow one as well (Nat'l Geographic) with each issue from say 44-64 or something crazy.

in that regard I am a packrat who hoards print material to draw inspiration from later.

yeah, but the google archive only has images... no articles, no advertisements. good but not quite the same.

single speed

Reaction score
Jefferson Hack, co-founder of Dazed and Confused. everything seems to always look great on him IMHO.
00360m.jpg

00450m.jpg

Squall.Leonhart

Reaction score
I'm finding myself really attracted to minimalism lately, nothing extreme, mainly the cut and the fabric. Oh, and for some reason, I'm infatuated by the style of the 1950's and 60's g-men :p

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't really use anything specifically for inspiration, just absorb my surroundings and put them in a mental bag and mix it all up. Then I buy dope ish that is somewhat arcane. I then wear what I feel like wearing depending on the level of g-ness I desire to achieve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads