• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Tie's

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danz24
What? Please tell me where you can get LV ties for $70-80???

They had them at Century 21. They stopped carrying them over a year ago. C21 buys directly from manufacturers. While they carry many tie brands, many will have the same "made in Italy/100% silk" tags. For example, Leonard Paris and Romeo Gigli ties come from the same factory. Also Battistoni and Balenciaga ties have share a manufacturer.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
It reminds me of a Charles Alexander tie that I wanted, but got sold out when everyone else here dog-piled on him for the exact same tie and bought him out.

Anyone else here have experience with LV ties?

Hey Fidel, I am in the process of milling some more of that style and getting it made up as a single fold with our new collection. Should be ready early march, I'll keep you posted.

danz24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
They had them at Century 21. They stopped carrying them over a year ago. C21 buys directly from manufacturers. While they carry many tie brands, many will have the same "made in Italy/100% silk" tags. For example, Leonard Paris and Romeo Gigli ties come from the same factory. Also Battistoni and Balenciaga ties have share a manufacturer.

I live in Canada and dont think we have Century 21 here. You guys know any other places to buy LV ties at the 70-80$ price?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
Hey Fidel, I am in the process of milling some more of that style and getting it made up as a single fold with our new collection. Should be ready early march, I'll keep you posted.

I will be on the lookout, thanks!

Originally Posted by danz24
I live in Canada and dont think we have Century 21 here. You guys know any other places to buy LV ties at the 70-80$ price?

Not a chance.
frown.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I think they were $70 or $80. They were definitely not more expensive than that. My local Macy's (Roosevelt Field) has a Vuitton store and I saw the exact same ties there.
Wait, your Macy's has a LV store? Since when does Macy's sell LV, let alone have an entire LV store?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Wait, your Macy's has a LV store? Since when does Macy's sell LV, let alone have an entire LV store?

Weird, huh? It's been there for about two years IIRC. Roosevelt Field is a pretty high end mall on Long Island.

danz24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenPlastic
Back to the original subject, I think LV ties are excellent. They're made of high quality silk with a very substantial feel and a nice lining. I own two of them: one in a muted brown checkerboard pattern, and one in medium grey with a small pin dot pattern. I've received a lot of compliments on both.

I'm not sure if LV makes ties with the "LV logo emblazoned on every square inch of surface area" look. But if they do, I'd obviously stay away from that style and go for one of the more understated styles.

Yes they did, it was one that said, "Louis Vuitton" in a diagonal pattern

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

The Minneapolis one has a LV shop.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The Minneapolis one has a LV shop.

Wow. I guess they are trying to end up like Coach.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wow. I guess they are trying to end up like Coach.

The Minneapolis Macy's also used to carry Yves Saint Laurent, Jil Sander, Christian Dior, Valentino, Chloe and many other women's brands. It was previously a Marshall Field's or Daytons I think (whichever had "The Oval Room"). When Federated purchased it and changed the name they were able to carry over their vendor agreements with these designers and stay in there. However, as they are expiring many of those brands are pulling out and going to the Mall of America Nordstrom where they have Chloe, YSL, Chanel, Stella McCartney, Lanvin, Oscar and many more.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, often here we're anti-brand, but LV makes beautiful ties, as does Chanel. "Quality" and "value" aren't really an issue with these two brands... if you want the tie, you buy the tie.

I don't know the retail in the US, but a chanel tie is about $190 and an LV about $225 in Japan (where I've seen them most often). At that price, there's no such thing as "Hmmm... quality to value ratio? Am I getting the best bang for my buck?"

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we need to clear a few things up in this thread. LV is only sold in LV stores. If you got it in Holts, Saks, Macy's, etc. you got it from a LV boutique. Look at your receipt, it says its from LV, not the name of the department store.

As for LV being sold on sale and/or at this Century 21 place, I don't believe it. I've never seen an LV sale and my understanding is that they pride themselves on not having sales to maintain exclusivity. And like I said above, they don't sell products outside their own stores or boutiques anyway.

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I think we need to clear a few things up in this thread. LV is only sold in LV stores. If you got it in Holts, Saks, Macy's, etc. you got it from a LV boutique. Look at your receipt, it says its from LV, not the name of the department store.

As for LV being sold on sale and/or at this Century 21 place, I don't believe it. I've never seen an LV sale and my understanding is that they pride themselves on not having sales to maintain exclusivity. And like I said above, they don't sell products outside their own stores or boutiques anyway.

Century 21 often has LV ties...believe it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads