• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
beasty is fun and I think offers an interesting counterpoint on that sub forum. He's trolling a little, but at least he's consistent. I don't think he needs to be banned
My problem with him is that he offers nothing at all. He's not funny in the slightest and he just muddies up the real 'discussions' (if you can call them that) with the same tired old personal attacks. There has to be a cut-off point at some time where someone can only launch into unsolicted harassment 3x per day or something. Beasty will come into a thread late, quote every response by a poster, and insult him each time with a separate post. It's to the point now where the ignore function no longer works because he's trashing every thread and ignoring him is impossible. I don't care much about what people say about me or anything over the Internet, but my reason for coming to SF is for the real discussions and real information and different viewpoints that are brought up -- even if I disagree with them. Beasty just posts the same insults over and over. If it were not the Body Consciousness forum he would've been banned a long time ago.

merkur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

Lol. Merkured.
laugh.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
Explain? I've been highly civil, and I expect you to not stab behind my back. You were offended when we disagree? That's a natural outcome in a politics thread.

I imagine this thread is a Supreme Court of sort. Then state your case if you'd please.

And I'm not a "he" FYI.

Originally Posted by Alter
You're a "she"?

Originally Posted by redcaimen
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by m@T
Beware the mollusk in all its ensnarements.

The Sacred Civil Order of Internet Tough Gheyz, of which I am honorary Aviatrix, is pleased to welcome into "the fold" SF's first ******! We are glad you decided to come out and we will be pleased to help you through your transition. A whole new world awaits you, with doubled wardrobe, sequins, and an entire universe of lacey Taffeta.
smile.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Who was the old poster, not American, but attended an Ivy League school here? Essentially he would ask the forum what to wear before every conceivable event in his life? I think he graduated top of his class at Harvard or something? I can't think of the guy's name, but SinghStyle's constant girl questions kind of remind me of it.

Anyone know who I'm talking about?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Explanation: you're a racist. A civil one, if you'd like. If you were not aware of this fact, please consider your participation on this board as free therapy.

There isn't much of a case to state, your posts speak for themselves. You always seem to subtly slip racial comments in all topics, from your disapproval of the Government to you credit card problems.

Yeah, but racism is just an opinion, it's not a violation of any forum rules. And as you say, it's done "subtly" (not sure I agree it's subtle, but anyway), not in a real confrontational manner. It's not like he's dropping n-bombs, calling for violence, or directly stating any theories of inferiority.

I agree that he brings absolutely nothing of value, whatsoever, to the forum. Nothing at all. His comments reflect an average IQ at best.

However, he's not violating any rules.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Yeah, but racism is just an opinion, it's not a violation of any forum rules. And as you say, it's done "subtly" (not sure I agree it's subtle, but anyway), not in a real confrontational manner. It's not like he's dropping n-bombs, calling for violence, or directly stating any theories of inferiority.

I agree that he brings absolutely nothing of value, whatsoever, to the forum. Nothing at all. His comments reflect an average IQ at best.

However, he's not violating any rules.

I don't disagree - people are regularly banned for their douchey behaviour and offensive ideas though, not just for breaking the rules. It's the mods' decision to let this tone continue on their forum or not.

btw - does anyone have a link to the SF/vbulletin user agreement? There is definitely something in there about offensive content.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
btw - does anyone have a link to the SF/vbulletin user agreement? There is definitely something in there about offensive content.
vbulletin requested more from us, so I am asking beasty to weigh in in body consciousness threads, deliberately provoking Manton in CE, and asking Fran if he would like some tanning lotion.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads