• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Didn't you join a year after him? That reads as an odd statement

That's not when he started posting though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Why did Bruce get banned? His trolling was pretty blatant and funny, it's when he started being forced to make serious posts that he fell off.

Originally Posted by why
The difference is that on the Internet there's no greeting and nobody hears you sneeze.

I disagree with it being 'polite and harmless'. You're equating death with sneezing. I think the former is a lot more personal than the latter and ergo deserves a lot more personal response (hence eulogies).

This is a real person. On the Internet it's just another thread detailing hardship and a loss of life. But let me reiterate: this is a real person. I think the standard response cheapens the situation and ultimately that same real person.

My thoughts and prayers are with you :sad: :sad: :sad:

you will be in my prayers tonight

SEE YOU IN HEAVEN WHY

sorry to hear about your loss

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102221 =
spam[1].gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102221 =
spam[1].gif

If you use the little triangle/exclamation point button on the bottom of posts, it reports a thread/post directly.

I used always to post things here, but actually, it's easier just to hit the triangle button and it gets right to the correct "authorities," especially for spam.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
If you use the little triangle/exclamation point button on the bottom of posts, it reports a thread/post directly.

I used always to post things here, but actually, it's easier just to hit the triangle button and it gets right to the correct "authorities," especially for spam.

+1 - I
inlove.gif
the snitch button.

I'm sorely tempted to start a thread in praise of the snitch button, but certain DT'ers (like myself) might go overboard snitching on each others posts and cause the mods a lot more work (and headaches) than they already have.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Can beasty be banned?

I was convinced he was just a troll and would be banned shortly but he has over 700 posts about Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman and doesn't do much but spam threads with personal attacks.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
^honestly why, he's not all that inflammatory.

My last response was probably over the line. Happy to remove it if it helps.

beasty is fun and I think offers an interesting counterpoint on that sub forum. He's trolling a little, but at least he's consistent. I don't think he needs to be banned.

lefty

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

All this time and I never saw that before.....I think its time to abuse something.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
All this time and I never saw that before.....I think its time to abuse something.

Same here. I just found that button like a month or two back. How many thousands of posts and years have I been here and never knew about it? Anyway, yeah, once you start, it becomes WAY too easy to report **** that gets on your nerves.

Cheers!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is nearly as inflexible as beasty, just veils his silliness in SAT words.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
What just happened in the B&S forum?

Looks like Rebenga is the guilty party, I'll go flag a few of them if you haven't already.

rebenga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Looks like Rebenga is the guilty party, I'll go flag a few of them if you haven't already.

How's that? I'm just bumping.

Bump.

rebenga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
How's it different than what Canoner's been doing for a while now?
teacha.gif

Dizzle Hizzle knowzs whatz my intizzle.

BUMPIZZLE

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebenga
How's that? I'm just bumping.

Bump.

Read the rules on bumping FS threads.

Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics