• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blink 182 is reuniting!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
For the love of money. Why can't the Misfits get back together?

+1

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the love of money. Why can't the Misfits get back together?

Uh dude, the Misfits have been back together for the better part of a decade. Jerry Only and Glenn Danzig settled the licensing issues, Jerry has the right to use the band name and songs and I'm sure Glenn still gets a piece of the action.

When they first reformed they brought in a few Danzig replacements. Then they went really "comic book" and sort of became a tacky farce of the original band. They put out an insane amount of crappy merchandise and re-released tracks.

When I saw them 2 years ago in Baltimore it was Jerry Only playing bass and singing, Marky Ramone playing drums and Dez from Black Flag on guitar. They did 1/3 Misfits songs, 1/3 Black Flag songs and 1/3 Ramones songs..... my friends and I called it the "grandfathers of punk" show. Pretty lame, and they are just doing it for the money now.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
the breakup and the reunion were planned simultaneously...

my sister saw them in the mid-90's when they 'will never ever be on mtv'

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what's their age again?

singhstyle

Reaction score
Cannot wait.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
They were never "punk" but I enjoyed the melodrama of teenage life through their lyrics.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was shocked when I saw the track list of their Greatest Hits comp. Last thing I remember hearing from them was "Adam's Song" and apparently they had a number of huge hits after that.

Mediocre even by '90s punk-pop standards, but "Dammit" is pretty unfuckwithable. (Always wondered why these guys sold a bazillion albums while Less Than Jake is still touring small clubs.)

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
uuugh.... I'm sure they are doing it for the money.

You mean Blink-182 isn't getting back together for the sake of their art?

PS: their cover of Dancing With Myself r0x0rs.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Uh dude, the Misfits have been back together for the better part of a decade. Jerry Only and Glenn Danzig settled the licensing issues, Jerry has the right to use the band name and songs and I'm sure Glenn still gets a piece of the action.

When they first reformed they brought in a few Danzig replacements. Then they went really "comic book" and sort of became a tacky farce of the original band. They put out an insane amount of crappy merchandise and re-released tracks.

When I saw them 2 years ago in Baltimore it was Jerry Only playing bass and singing, Marky Ramone playing drums and Dez from Black Flag on guitar. They did 1/3 Misfits songs, 1/3 Black Flag songs and 1/3 Ramones songs..... my friends and I called it the "grandfathers of punk" show. Pretty lame, and they are just doing it for the money now.

I'm waiting for the part where you tell me the original members are going on tour.

dave

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the part where you tell me the original members are going on tour.
which original members? the ACTUAL original members never recorded a record together. edit: oh yeah, and, to keep this on topic, I would say that Blink182 is one of the worst things to happen to modern music in recent memory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads