• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

WoodyStylee

Reaction score
I like the look if its more 'nonchalant', rather than jeans carefully tucked and everything perfect. When someone can just throw a pair of boots on, and let the jeans do what they may...thats how the look is pulled off IMO

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do it.

I want some good lace up boots to do it with though.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
What brand of boots do you wear? I'm having trouble finding something I like.

I found a pair at (believe it or not) Zara for $150 in a real dark brown, it almost looks black but I'm still vintage hunting for a tan colored pair, already worn in and distressed. John Varavtos has a cool pair as well but I couldn't justify spending $500 at the time...or even $350 that one of the associates offered me. When you find your pair and get it settled, it'll be worth it b/c the chicks dig the look

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitable for boot tuck?
fw08-nc-005.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
The daytons are somewhat low... don't know how that would end up looking.

Yah that's what I was thinking too. Nice boots though.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stazy, how about liquidating a third of your wardrobe and buy two pairs of Carpe Diem boots, one for me and the other for your self. Or just allocate a few thousand and proxy two pairs of the gray attachment boots from two seasons ago, again one for me and one for your self. Lastly if money is a limiting factor I'd settle for buttero work boots in gray leather, they were available in Japan a couple seasons ago and they're pretty nice.
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
Stazy, how about liquidating a third of your wardrobe and buy two pairs of Carpe Diem boots, one for me and the other for your self. Or just allocate a few thousand and proxy two pairs of the gray attachment boots from two seasons ago, again one for me and one for your self. Lastly if money is a limiting factor I'd settle for buttero work boots in gray leather, they were available in Japan a couple seasons ago and they're pretty nice.
smile.gif

Anyone sell Carpe Diem or Grey Attachment boots online? I'll buy a pair for myself and send you some pics.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, I believe Atelier sells both CD's and Attachment boot but you might also want to check Rakuten for sites that sells them and go the cheaper route. I'll look it up for you when I get a chance..... Edit, look what I found, a a killer deal on a new pair of CD's, these are too big for me though, plus I'd like a more rugged finish, btw these are already sold. I guess sufu does have its purpose. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ght=carpe+diem

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't really like it in the original pic posted, looks a little contrived

only time I ever rock this look is when I pull my boots on out the door, don't have time to tie'em up and they just naturally tuck in

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
Lol, I believe Atelier sells both CD's and Attachment boot but you might also want to check Rakuten for sites that sells them and go the cheaper route. I'll look it up for you when I get a chance.....

Thanks for the heads up. I'm digging these "Oiled Horse Leather Lace Up Boots" by Augusta.

Boots.jpg

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh..wow, picture caught me by surprise, heh... Heres an article on boot-tucking:
boottucking.jpg

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boottuckzj3.jpg
I don't think my boots are tall enough, and it's uncomfortable, and I'm getting back of the leg flare because the boots are too short. I think I did a better boot tuck than any other boot tuck I've seen in real life, but I don't think it's working for me. Sooo, picture of what not to do?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can occasionally work, but most often it doesnt. The boots needs to be the right height, and with the right width. Ive done it with bean boots, which is practical, but nothing else.
palle005.jpg
classic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics