• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business meeting pick-ups

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
my best friend has been my best friend since the age of 4 and is attractive and we share a sense of humor that's very similar but i don;t want ******* anywhere near him. i don't buy the whole falling in live with a person thing.
As I said earlier, I don't either. I actually find it annoying (and self-serving) when bisexuals use that line of argument.

My point of view is that people have a certain pattern of attraction. They can attracted equally by men and women (though that's rare), 90% women and 10% men, and so on. Everything is possible and it can vary over time.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^90% of me isn't interested in you sexually.
laugh.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
10% of me is saying that Kunk's bald head is rather sexy..........

I don't see the bald thing. 's'pose it's good I don't like guys.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^90% of me isn't interested in you sexually.
laugh.gif

That other 10% is a ***** though!

Originally Posted by RJman
I don't see the bald thing. 's'pose it's good I don't like guys.

I have a bald head also so I figured kunk and I could rub heads together.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Assuming you are approaching the world with a Foucauldian/post-structuralist point of view, you should know that you cannot escape discourse. There is no authenticity/meaning/logos. Very interesting thread on the whole. Thanks to why for starting it.
Exactly. You can, nevertheless, interrogate how that discourse works and how it forms itself or exercises power. it may or may not make any difference in the long run, but it can help you to be more aware of yourself, your relationship, and your surroundings. You can also, I think, begin to see the extent to which you want to take part in or be a part of certain discourses based on your choices/actions/attitudes. The point isn't to get OUT of discourse (which is impossible), but instead to see how it might function and what sort of wiggle-room you might have within it. Overall, I was only trying to say that the idea of categories or of "patterns" isn't a simple or a direct one, as you rightly point out.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
That other 10% is a ***** though! I have a bald head also so I figured kunk and I could rub heads together.
The only way to cure a headache is to massage your brain.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whether straight or **** 90% of most everybody and 50% of Edmorel is attracted to me.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I need to spend more time with people like all of you in teh real life.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Exactly. You can, nevertheless, interrogate how that discourse works and how it forms itself or exercises power. it may or may not make any difference in the long run, but it can help you to be more aware of yourself, your relationship, and your surroundings. You can also, I think, begin to see the extent to which you want to take part in or be a part of certain discourses based on your choices/actions/attitudes. The point isn't to get OUT of discourse (which is impossible), but instead to see how it might function and what sort of wiggle-room you might within it. Overall, I was only trying to say that the idea of categories or of "patterns" isn't a simple or a direct one, as you rightly point out.
Absolutely, and I think deconstruction has now become so ingrained in the academic psyche that it's almost become second-nature. We can all spot the categories and see how they generate behaviour when we sit down and think about them. Nevertheless, I find it difficult to separate discourse-based attitudes from phenomenological responses in real life, especially in matters of attraction. I can easily agree that identities are gendered and that markers of attraction are in large part culturally determined (one needs only to glance over history for this), but it's less clear to me that other aspects of sexuality and attraction don't precede social categories, especially if one agrees that ****/heterosexual inclinations (as opposed to activities) are not a choice. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't see what kind of wiggle room you're looking for, because I don't understand how the physical fact of male/male relationships should (logically) make them different culturally from male/female ones, particularly since I don't believe in a template for the latter in any case. Perhaps I'm not expressing myself clearly, but this sort of conversation hardly lends itself to lucidity.
teacha.gif
N.B. I hate to be so blunt, but I wish the DT frat pack would just, you know, **** off for a while. The thread was plenty interesting before you injected it with homoerotic come-ons and tired one-liners.
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Interesting read gents (and I use that in a non-specific...hell with it).

My wife seems to have this mild belief in reincarnation. She seems to think we've been together in a prior life. When I said something about being together in a future life, she commented that she might want to try the male role next time. That made me ponder, let me tell you.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would rather death be eternal than to come back as a woman. Do not want.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

On the other hand women can have such an endearing way of fetichizing consumption that is about sheer sensual enjoyment and not a conduit for their feeling of (im)potency that I love 'em material bitches.

So do members of this forum. I think we're gonna have to keep away from teh fuuma in the gym showers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I would rather death be eternal than to come back as a woman. Do not want.

I figure we can be buddies next time around, and swap women. Hell, I'd like to swap women with her now
smile.gif

Can't remember if reincarnation is big in Shinto. To save the inevitable Google, anyone know? Her Japanese side grandparents were Shinto and it seems to have lightly grafted onto her. We even have a few thing-a-ma-bobs around the house and our cars for various Shinto blessings.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Oh, back to the wife wanting to come back in the male role. The point is, how much of our sexual appetites are created by society?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics