• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^If you can get Okanagan springs black lager, that is a good gateway beer for darker stuff. It's very drinkable. You can then move on to things like Young's chocolate stout, Rogue Imperial stout, etc.

I've really been enjoying some of OS's offerings out here in Alberta recently. Also agreed on Rogue. I visited one of their breweries, and while I have to question how a brewery can make 25+ types of beer and do well at each, they seem to pull it off. A nice line.

pejsek

Reaction score
Perhaps I betray my left coast leanings, but I'm shocked at the lack of visible love for Lagunitas on this thread. Nobody should go through life without drinking their fill of something like the Undercover Investigation Shut Down Ale. We're still here indeed. Is it almost 4:30?

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
De Konnick

Haha I said the same thing somewhere in this thread over a year ago. The first beer I had when I crossed the border into Belgium and I was shocked how good it was for the price. Even in the US you can get them pretty cheap.

glas.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yes, it does.

Prince

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Haha I said the same thing somewhere in this thread over a year ago. The first beer I had when I crossed the border into Belgium and I was shocked how good it was for the price. Even in the US you can get them pretty cheap.

glas.jpg

Yeah, great stuff. My favourite Belgian as well. As a matter of fact, I just picked up a six-pack this afternoon.
smile.gif

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deathrow1986
Nothing beats an ice cold heineken on a hot day

Try a nice cold hefeweiss-Weihenstephaner, Paulaner or Schneider- w/ or w/o lemon slice (purists say it kills the flavor, I like it on occasion). Ahhhh, now that's refreshment. Unfortunately, been stuck between 10-20 degrees lately, so that day seems a bit far off.

jefe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
A few seasonal favorites.

img1004tj7.jpg

wow, +1. That's some good drinkin' right there.

Add the St. Bernardus prior 8 and some Duvel and you're not just drunk off tasty, tasty beer, but poor as well!

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefe
wow, +1. That's some good drinkin' right there.

Add the St. Bernardus prior 8 and some Duvel and you're not just drunk off tasty, tasty beer, but poor as well!

True. Not necessarily everyday beers, though I am in fact enjoying a Rochefort 8 at the moment. To assemble an esoteric mixed 5 pack like the one displayed in my pic, you'd have to drop close to $40. The 2 on the left, the JW Lees & the Ola Dubh are both barrel conditioned, the former in port casks and the latter in Highland Park single malt scotch casks. Intensely flavored, pretty high viscosity and high ABV--11.5% for the Lees, 8% for Ola Dubh--these are more like digestifs than beer. The others are lovely dark Belgian trappist ales, also in the 10% ABV region; just the thing for keeping Jack Frost at bay. Tasty beer is right.

mikej77

Reaction score
I definitely enjoy Sam Adams as a great beer that you can get anywhere. I love Delerium Tremens but it can be difficult to find.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I normally drink about a six-pack or sometimes two in a week. In just the past three days, I've gone through almost two six-packs of SN Bigfoot. That is some yummy, addictive stuff.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
I definitely enjoy Sam Adams as a great beer that you can get anywhere. I love Delerium Tremens but it can be difficult to find.

Sam Adams has become terribly generic tasting. It's just another big mass-produced brew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics