• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The hood kills it.

Filippa K FW08 had some nice variations on the overcoat you could look into. Try calling their San Francisco store to see if they have anything left over.

Filippa K San Francisco
-----------------------------
66 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA 94108
T +1 415 951 0210

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pebble grain always strikes me kinda cheap looking.

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Esquivel boots (the pebble grain in the front)
BatallionHigh-Group-5x7.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
buy it

Originally Posted by gawkrodger
NDG

wood_0461223991216_42.jpg

I normally love international/trailmaster style jackets, but I'm concerned the rubberised cotton will make i look a little, well, gimpy!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toe isn't really square, this is...
98818114.jpg
I wouldn't trust kodiak giving me advice on dress shoes as much as I would my niece. The biggest problem you're looking at isn't so much the last shape (which isn't atrocious), but the fact that they're probably relatively poor quality and made with corrected grain. They may look fine new, but don't expect them to age gracefully. Also, I don't think these really fit well with streetwear and are better suited for more dress situations. See the Men's Clothing side of the forum for lots more info on dress shoes.

Reaction score
erdawe,

Thanks for the advice. Will check Men's Clothing board for sure.

The site says "Spanish napa leather upper". According to Wikipedia, napa leather is by definition, full grain, but then again, there could be some misleading advertising going on.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on erdawe, the ones nerf posted aren't really square toe at all, they just look cheap ala kenneth cole/cole haan/ecco/rockport/etc. As he said, the men's clothing forum has a plethora of info on shoes for you to look at that are of great quality tried & true and last you a whole lot longer than any cheapos will, just don't blame us when your wallet feels lighter. Also, I'm taking part in no purchase february, but this bag is calling to me.. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270337873293 It's pretty cheap, I really want a modern brown slim square profile bag and this fits the bill perfectly, but agh.. I guess what I'm asking is, talk me out of it?
frown.gif
EDIT: ****, FOUND ANOTHER EVEN NICER BAG.. AAARGHH http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320337996914

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
I like it. It actually looks more like a mockneck zip cardi in that photo. Wear a white shirt underneath (not necessarily a button-up) to help balance the color.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Yay or gay? (the purple hoodie)

999980.6b.jpg

do not want...all depends on your style though, if you can pull it off (without seeming fruity), then go for it

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
do not want...all depends on your style though, if you can pull it off (without seeming fruity), then go for it

I mean, i wear hoodies all the time.. so i guess i could pull it off..

it's just that the combination of this color thats associated with homosexuality with my skinny jeans (dior 19 cm) that may push people to think im gay, which i dont want.

the color is beautiful, however.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You'll get sick of the color, I'm already sick of it just by looking at it for 4 seconds.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Building on my previous suggestion, you could potentially use this as a midlayer, with classic/muted colors above and below. You could also wear these with pants that are looser than the 19cm (you have some, I hope).

Ultimately, though, you're either going to have to embrace the **** or give it up. I agree that some ****-you swagger will make this infinitely more wearable (I saw your previous posts about this piece in that other thread).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads