• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Weird, because I just tried it with mine and it worked fine. I saw when you PMed about this and it was while the server was crawling with the backup (need to bug them again about that) and I thought that might be why. Mind trying it again?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried it again (using a url) and the same result.
Did you try to clear the temp folder? Or maybe there is a redirect error.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hm, try again now. For some reason the upload temp dir was set to a nonexistent directory. I can't remember if it was there before or if the setting got changed, but either way, someone broke it.
mad.gif

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I changed mine the other day and got the same error message, yet it was updated successfully.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I changed mine the other day and got the same error message, yet it was updated successfully.

I am not sure if you can refer to that Flock of Seagulls haircut as "succesfully"
smile.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Hm, try again now. For some reason the upload temp dir was set to a nonexistent directory. I can't remember if it was there before or if the setting got changed, but either way, someone broke it.
mad.gif

Failed again J. Same error message.
Did you chmod the temp dir to 777?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Failed again J. Same error message. Did you chmod the temp dir to 777?
Yep. Okay, try now. Using a different directory. I got the error and now I don't. Not sure why I didn't get it last night.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seems like Why has crossed some line in the recent mother/suicide thread. I'm not easily offended, but it seems that his conduct in that thread is just as out-of-line as dropping racial slurs, which gets people timed out as a matter of course.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
I seems like Why has crossed some line in the recent mother/suicide thread. I'm not easily offended, but it seems that his conduct in that thread is just as out-of-line as dropping racial slurs, which gets people timed out as a matter of course.

+1. I don't care about the things he is referring to me personally, but you would think someone can show at least a little bit of maturity. It's a sad situation for the OP and I doubt he needs some douche on an internet forum preaching about what is considered "real suicide".

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to DISAGREE about the anti-why statements. He's making a valid point; it's just that it is an emotional issue and almost nobody on that thread is going to look at the issue in a non-emotional way. I'm not saying I'd have said the same things he did in that way, but I think he's being highly misinterpreted.

Further, he's using his characteristic tone, which a lot of people don't get and automatically label "ASSHOLE."

Taking away the why-isms... I think his basic point is valid. I read it as, "We all have awful life situations. They suck and sadly, that's life. It's not all unicorns and rainbows. Sympathy is fine, understanding is good, but automatic passes and just a lot of hand holding and petting make situations WORSE and not better. Nobody wants to be cold and unloving, but at the same time, we don't want to be enabling unhealthy emotional attitudes and immaturity."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads