• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
because of the stones, or because of when he saw them?

Just a joke, mostly; great pic, btw.

I still defend and would consider going to see the Stones at this point, but would never buy a shirt to let everyone know I did and then wear it out in public. But hey, that's just me. And for the record, I love the Stones.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
svtmvr.jpg

pic from tuesday by my homie angela

Pendleton
Warehouse
Cabs
Heelshuvs (always my favorite)

great pic kix

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, first waywt. I could use some advice, please.

The jeans are Gap selvage Japanese 'skinny' jeans in 28x32 (I think that's right). I bought them because I felt I needed a new jean to wear the GT's with. Something slightly more formal than what I currently own.

I have a pair of Nudie GT's in 29x34 which fit very much like these, but the taper at the bottom is too harsh imo for GT's. Stacking + boot does not quite look right to me, either. I wear them with Vans, etc.

I think these jeans look about right. They are brand new, so I think you can tell they are riding a little high and sticking pretty hard to my legs. But am I about on the right track here for fit? I could get 30x32 and really change the way they wear on me. I don't think I can go Xx34 because they would stack too much for the somewhat skinny width of GT's. And I think they will stretch if I don't belt them.

I'm very critical of my torso. I have a barrel build, only 17.5' shoulders, and am below normal BMI range for my height, but I never look skinny to myself in photos. I just feel I look weird in every photo I take.

Apologies for length.

020109003-1.jpg
020109004-1.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
NINJA!! Drkshdw hoodie Helmut Lang tee Jil Sander tee Tim Hamilton jeans Raf Simons x Doc Marten new skunk stripe
NINJA.jpg
skunk.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
GoSurface - Has your indy's colour changed? The always look alot lighter then that whenever I have seen then. They look awesome there.

+1 on gloves.

SoCal - Great fit. Whatever happened to those black over destroyed shoes that MC forum members hate bigtime?

They haven't gotten darker. It's just the lighting. I only purchased them Friday, so the aging process has only just begun. Although I've been entertaining the idea of using some black/blue polish on them.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
NINJA!!
Drkshdw hoodie
Helmut Lang tee
Jil Sander tee
Tim Hamilton jeans
Raf Simons x Doc Marten
new skunk stripe
NINJA.jpg

SnakeEyeslive.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
db, those look great for GAP.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
No you couldn't, that is a spectacular fit for getting them on the cheap.

+1 this looks perfectly fine but I'd consider a less-chunky boot but that's probably just a personal preference.

I noticed you got away without even telling everyone who made the shirt. Impressive.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD, I have a stylus 830. Press the OK/FUNC button, and a menu will appear on the left of the screen. Go down one icon--that's white balance. Select auto (or whatever light you're using--natural light, cloudy natural light, incandescent, varying fluorescents). Should do it. Note also that the camera has a timer function.
teacha.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
076to6.jpg

"In Soviet Russia, the clothes wear you!"

This may sound like the most asinine WAYWT critique ever, but everything here seems so new and fashiony and overdesigned and self-conscious. It just screams internet shopper to me-- things that seem great in concept and look good on a computer screen, but maybe don't sound all the right notes when worn in day-to-day life. I can just imagine the rended FedEx boxes lying slightly out of frame.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Oddly, everything there was bought in person, except for the coat. And to be honest the whole thing seems fairly subdued to me, it's just black jacket, grey sweatshirt, raw denim.

You are REALLY not going to like the notion that I wear that coat with a B son mock neck.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly, everything there was bought in person, except for the coat. And to be honest the whole thing seems fairly subdued to me, it's just black jacket, grey sweatshirt, raw denim.

You are REALLY not going to like the notion that I wear that coat with a B son mock neck.

It's funny that you mention B.Son, because I was going to throw that in with Apolis and- at a slightly lower market- Shades of Greige as companies that make some good clothes, but ones that you really have to be careful in considering how they're going to translate in real life.

I'm not a big subscriber to the notions that clothes have to have a particular aesthetic or cultural context, but the philosophy of alot of these menswear companies seems to be "anything that looks cool", which can be a dangerous thing.

I don't know, I would probably go all black with that jacket. In any case, it has too many superfluous buttons and zippers and flaps and gew-gaws for me to feel comfortable wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads