• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Boots look good to me. I'm sure they don't look as flashy in person. Did you get a good deal on them?

They were $355. Below is another pic next to the Conistons, which I presume they're based on.

I prefer the color in the Conistons. I can't decide whether I like the BB boots or not - which is probably an indication I should return them.

Here are some other negative opinions on the boots over in MC:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=95180&page=3

bbcj2.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They remind me of the distressed, showy styles of Moreschi shoes. Particularly with the different pattern on the toecap, brogue-ing and hole-punch lines running throughout the shoe, it's just too much going in my opinion, particularly with that texture not being one of the most subtle. Here's a Moreschi shoe.
1P_ABANO_BROWN.jpg

mg428

Reaction score
XenoX101;1705637 said:
Not liking those boots too much, seem a bit too flashy.

IMO, under trousers I don't think those boots will be that "flashy". It would not be that different from a perforated captoe shoe with medallion. BTW I have found the medallion quite understated as well. The brougings are not wide as well.

Nonetheless there is something that disturbs me. Although I am not against pebble grain texture, this time it is either that texture or the extreme dark shade of brown or the combination of both.

In terms of the last there is nothing wrong I think.

I would have preferred without a strom welt.

All in all, with pebble grain texture, dainite sole, storm welt and dark shade of brown, these boots would be a versatile workhorse shoe for winter conditions.

changeofpace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm not sure why people post questions about these boots, clearly they're accepted, standard fare around these forums. I'm well aware that you are asking about boots in general, but I think this thread's about receiving a few binary answers about items in question, not to receive suggestions based on a few criteria you have in mind of your quintessential item (which, in your case, has been done before and can be found with the search function). I hope you're not intimidated by this, I'm a bit OCD about structure and well, there's a place for everything here really, just need to look a bit. Don't be deterred in posting, just be more cautious.
You're right, Clarks are pretty standard around here, but not in this particular color. I'm not sure if they're as wearable as I think they are (lots of casual wearing). I think I've followed the guidelines of this thread pretty closely.
So, a lot of times I really like a piece and I'm sometimes curious as to what other people think of its wearability or how good of an idea it actually is. The allure of sales over the years have made many people buy B&S-destined clothing. This is the opportune place to see if you should buy that pink sweater (yes) or gold floral tuxedo shirt (no). Maybe you think you can size down where you probably shouldn't? You could also use this thread to recommend cheaper alternatives to posted items.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
NDG
wood_0461223991216_42.jpg
I normally love international/trailmaster style jackets, but I'm concerned the rubberised cotton will make i look a little, well, gimpy!

Brutus

Reaction score
^ you had to ask about that? Edit: @ sci-fi

Brutus

Reaction score
Actually I kind of like the front but the arm pocket might be a bit much and the overall shape looks very boxy. Let's just not talk about the back.

phillys

Reaction score
I don't know if I should by this jacket from Gap or not... Please comment on the fit and if it looks good for the quality and the price... It'll cost me about MYR420 or approx. USD116. Here are some pics. The one below is the edited one where I brighten the picture a little bit for you to see some details. It's size S, by the way.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phillys
I don't know if I should by this jacket from Gap or not... Please comment on the fit and if it looks good for the quality and the price... It'll cost me about MYR420 or approx. USD116.

Here are some pics. The one below is the edited one where I brighten the picture a little bit for you to see some details. It's size S, by the way.

Hell no, especially on that price. Fit isn't very good either IMO.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Agreed you can buy so much better things with 116.00 or even save it for something better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics