• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottMan

Reaction score
My opinion is if you are in a position to buy a Lange, do it.
biggrin.gif
That is a gorgeous model and looks a bit more interesting than the typical white or black faced model.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the overlap of the date window with the time dial. Hate it. It's like they took the Lange 1 movement and just put it in a bigger case. I think the Lange 1 looks great, but I could never get past that overlap on the Grand model.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I hate the overlap of the date window with the time dial. Hate it. It's like they took the Lange 1 movement and just put it in a bigger case. I think the Lange 1 looks great, but I could never get past that overlap on the Grand model.

Good point. From the brochure, it looks like that what they did.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
Good point. From the brochure, it looks like that what they did.

I agree with this as well, the overlapping date as well as the second face has a negative impact on the harmony of the dial layout. I prefer the smaller version for that reason.

Irrespective of your decision, its a great watch and worth the liquidation of the collection.

Gaz

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish they made the Nomos without the label and without the sub dial.

That would be my perfect dress watch.

Originally Posted by borderline
Looks like the Stowa is running a couple minutes fast
smile.gif

imightbechad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonF
Here is my current favourite that gets worn pretty much every day. I posted this watch... but a different picture a few months ago. I plan to make another watch purchase in the next month... so hopefully this one will get a little rest every now and again
smile.gif

Speedy_50mm.jpg

What model Omega is this? I love the profile.

Chad

JonF

Reaction score
Thanks imightbechad! It's an Omega Speedmaster Professional Limited Edition (40th Anniversary of the first space walk). It has the exact same case and movement of the regular non-LE speedmaster.

WorldwideEnt

Reaction score
My two cents... Raymond Weil Othello - Automatic
3238292464_6db95e5731_o.jpg
Tissot Trend chronograph L875/975K - Quartz
3237452687_0f9fe4801c_o.jpg
Swiss Military Titanium 097.0665 - Quartz
3237452731_e85e6dfabd_o.jpg
Gold Swiss pocket watch circa 1900 (make unknown), new chain and custom sterling fob - Manual
3238292618_22c78034dc_o.jpg

JO3B

Reaction score
great watch jessmaubug

enjoy it, it takes a good beating too.

reason_being

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WorldwideEnt
My two cents...

Raymond Weil Othello - Automatic
_DSF8890.jpg

Tissot Trend chronograph L875/975K - Quartz
_DSF8895.jpg

Swiss Military Titanium 097.0665 - Quartz
_DSF8898.jpg

_.png

Gold Swiss pocket watch circa 1900 (make unknown), new chain and custom sterling fob - Manual
_DSF8902.jpg

If anyone could lead me to a pocket watch just like that...
worship.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads