• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Max Lamb chair (bronze cast from polystyrene)
6hp66f.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
That's actually rather nice.

Originally Posted by otc
Looks like something I would make (or well...like something I would envision myself making).

Would love to have one on my non-existent patio...almost to the point where I am thinking about saving the picture and hoping I find it 10 years from now and it inspires me...

Thanks guys. He's built some of their indoor furniture too: bookshelf, bed, etc.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Marc Quinn 'Mountain Chair'
il8woy.jpg

A current favourite for me -- carbon fibre table (with steel legs) by Terrence Woodgate
29cryq9.jpg

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Thanks guys. He's built some of their indoor furniture too: bookshelf, bed, etc.

I like the industrial look, for outdoor furniture it looks quite high end. A nice alternative to elabroate wrought iron. If I still had an outdoor balcony with room I'd look at something like that.

emptym

Reaction score
^Interesting, thanks. He, and you, would know more about furniture than I would. His indoor stuff doesn't have the exposed bolts, though stuff he made for his apt in Brooklyn yrs ago did.

hypersonic

Reaction score
DS-51 from de Sede
2nut54p.jpg

Cabinet made from black or white glass from Draenert
ejbqpw.jpg

4rb151.jpg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now thats a cabinet I like
smile.gif

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too am really feeling that cabinet. A lux sideboard is something that has always been missing from my collection. I like the Paul Evans mirrored ones from the '70s.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
A lux sideboard is something that has always been missing from my collection. I like the Paul Evans mirrored ones from the '70s.
The stuff he designed for Directional is ok (patchwork mirror, metal, wood), but overpriced due to the popularity of his fabulous studio pieces (the heavy brutalist metal stuff), which are now selling in the six figures. Same with Parzinger & James Mont, etc...prices have gone completely nutso. Another iconic, but still attainable sideboard is Milo Baugman's olive wood butterfly veneered one, with the floating look. Vintage Pace & Brueton are nice too. And there's tons of Scandinavian designs, names and no-names for very reasonable prices out there. My personal crush is a vintage Phillip & Kelvin LaVerne piece. They aren't, and never were "cheap, but a bargain for what they are...essentially functional bronze sculpture.

hypersonic

Reaction score
^ great taste you guys have
wink.gif

I like Paul Evans heavy metal furniture. Milo Baugman did some beautiful things too.

Here is an interesting sideboard by Steven Holl.
23rmhab.jpg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gheghe, imagine yourself walking into that room when youre completely wasted
smile.gif

Reckoner

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of designing my bedroom and need ideas for bedroom + wardrobe.

This is something I currently have in mind:

IMG_1508.jpg

This picture will probably be near and dear to the hearts of many on this forum.

Anybody have any ideas?

$unny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reckoner
Hi all,

I'm in the process of designing my bedroom and need ideas for bedroom + wardrobe.

This is something I currently have in mind:

IMG_1508.jpg

This picture will probably be near and dear to the hearts of many on this forum.

Anybody have any ideas?

poliform

california closets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads