• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Watches - Underrated?

GQBaller

Reaction score
Anyone else think Seiko is underrated? They make great watches, especially considering their price. I bought this stainless steel chronograph a couple years (not my picture):

img8088ff7.jpg

img8094xn9.jpg

huy

Reaction score
Yes. They are underrated, especially their higher end stuff.

East Oakland

Reaction score
Yes, particularly the high end stuff you can only find in Asia. The Grand Seiko's are on par with the automatics that come out of Geneva. The problem is a lot of what they normally sell in the US is pure junk, so the brand is not well-perceived here.

I like this site for Asian watches:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/category/1_grand_seiko/

Nomad_K

Reaction score
Yes - they provide great quality and cover a wide range of pricepoints and styles. They may not have the flash marketing or prestige, but if you want to keep track of time around under all sorts of conditions, you could do far worse.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my casual wear Seiko 5 mod with new dial and hands:

SeikoSinnfront.jpg

Twotone

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it mechanical?

AdamInSF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
am not a fran
I am also not a fran, however, I do like Seiko's watches for what they are, that being unassuming watches for reasonable prices.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
imho, I have higher regard for Seiko than a lot of "Swiss" brands out there: Tissot, Oris, Longines, Ball, B&R, Movado, etc...

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say that, on this board, they're rather well regarded.

I have one of their Asian-market Chronographs... great watch for day-to-day wear.

SNN077P1_1.jpg

andyw

Reaction score
I like that they make there own movements and have had periods of great design. Early in my watch collecting I acquired several automatics that were very well thought out including the Bellmatic - a 27 jewel alarm/day/date, six square chronographs with different dial color combinations. I enjoyed them. Then I got the disease and really started collecting and the Seiko's never got the love again. I sold the autiomatics to collectors in Europe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics