• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering some white/off white jeans

ClassicGarnish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
The ones I saw in store were bright white, possibly the lighting at your store was bad? Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I wasn't able to try any on

yeah, you could be right. I kinda prefer just a little off white, makes them a little more versatile and not as standout-ish. I guess I could run them through the wash with my dirty laundry. also, they fit true to size i thought.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will eventually get these hemmed.

3230198817_0d118187d9.jpg
3231048084_8d8705fca0.jpg

3231049432_178d17867a.jpg

Lovegasoline

Reaction score
Uniqlo sells white jeans in season. I bought a pair for $15 on sale last fall.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
Just picked up RL Black Label jeans on sale from blue bee. They have a size 32 left, but from my limited research, these run a tad large.

RLB01253_205212.jpg
http://www.bluebee.com/AuspientImagi...OSEUPS&clr=000

Too bad I didn't look at their site a little bit ago, those Earnest Sewns would have been perfect. As for a 32 in RL Black Label, any idea how they compare in the waist to Rag & Bone (current run, less vanity sized), or to their own slacks (in which I am a 32)?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassicGarnish
really like those ndg. is that the classic fit in reverse?

yes, I actually just recently picked up the same pair and they are very nice, the only thing that pisses me off about the NDG classics is how high the back rise is! but I suppose they are meant to be worn sagged a bit, atleast that is how they look best imo.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
yes, I actually just recently picked up the same pair and they are very nice, the only thing that pisses me off about the NDG classics is how high the back rise is! but I suppose they are meant to be worn sagged a bit, atleast that is how they look best imo.

I hate the size of the back pockets

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
I hate the size of the back pockets

The back pcket size actually isnt as noticeable the larger up in size you go... I am guessing you are around a 31 waist from the pics? (prob. wrong) but I noticed the pockets looked really big in the context pics as well. I take a 34 and they dont look that huge on me... I think they fit you well though, especially with a bit of hemming.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I found just the right pair for what I need (pretending to be Eurotrash/Caribbean pimp wannabe a week at a time):
http://www.agjeans.com/The_Teddyboy_...24/p/1339.html

However I just don't see paying retail on those (better than the Helmut Lang jeans on Revolve for more even with discount, but still overpriced). Anyone seen these on sale anywhere, or know of a coupon for agjeans.com? Long shot on this board, I know, but figured I'd better ask.

samurai

Reaction score
I tried on the Gap selvedge white's yesterday and liked them. Unfortunately they only had 31 - 32, which were a good fit, but after a wash or two would shrink up and be too short.
Have to say I liked them.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I would feel like a tool in white denim, or like I was about to paint someone's house for them.

samurai

Reaction score
Pair them up with a blue blazer, tan belt and shoes, white linen shirt... you take it from there...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is obvious, but I'm not enough of a denim nerd to know the answer: what happens if you buy a pair of white jawnz and then overdye (or I guess just dye) them indigo? Sick fadez? Blue stains everywhere? A pair that just looks off?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went with the Gap jeans. Very nice fit - not too tight & low-rise. Not unlike a 514 fit. I found that a 31 fir me best, though I wear a 30 in most Levis. The colour is just a little off-white: not cream but also not Miami Vice Pimp Daddy refrigerator white either.

I bet these will be on deep discount soon enough, but I needed mine now - so I can play James Bond while in Barbados!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads