• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doorman inquired about my style. How do I break it to him?

HighSociety

Reaction score
Was coming home from a great dinner dressed in my finest Purple Label suit. He commented positively and I accepted it with the pride of the greatest. Then his next line stopped me short. He said what is that? I haven't been shopping in a while and I like what you have? My phone rang and I had to politely dismiss myself, but I know tomorrow we will meet again. How do I break it to him? That he cannot afford Purple Label? Should I give a cheaper alternative and lie and suggest him some Tom Ford or Borrelli?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HighSociety
Was coming home from a great dinner dressed in my finest Purple Label suit. He commented positively and I accepted it with the pride of the greatest. Then his next line stopped me short. He said what is that? I haven't been shopping in a while and I like what you have? My phone rang and I had to politely dismiss myself, but I know tomorrow we will meet again. How do I break it to him? That he cannot afford Purple Label? Should I give a cheaper alternative and lie and suggest him some Tom Ford or Borrelli?

Does you doorman wear a crimson collar coat?

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you convince him to whore himself out to you so you can tip him handsomely and then he can afford the nice Purple Label?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Does you doorman wear a crimson collar coat?

Send him to the Church's store in wait of unsuspecting SF members whom he can follow home to steal from. They're the ones asking for free shoe boxes for ebay purchases.

HighSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
Why don't you convince him to whore himself out to you so you can tip him handsomely and then he can afford the nice Purple Label?

Yeah, that sounds good. We'll pick up a few grams first and I will take him shopping. Given he drives the Bentley of course. Yet I still must have him blindfolded while steering our way to a secret location. He should not know where to procure such revered pieces of fashion, for he may leak info.

EasyGoing

Reaction score
lol living in a building where doormen are permitted to talk to you.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
what makes you so sure that he can't afford purple label? My understanding is that some doormen do make a good living. On top of that what makes you so sure that he isn't a millionaire, just trying to keep himself busy?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you don't know is that he is going to the "Millionaires Ball" - they gave him your ticket.

pwned

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to have you back, 'nouche!
laugh.gif

HighSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
what makes you so sure that he can't afford purple label? My understanding is that some doormen do make a good living. On top of that what makes you so sure that he isn't a millionaire, just trying to keep himself busy?

Im making $345,000 a year. Purple Label purchasing is like Christmas.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh, manouche.....

JFKJean

Reaction score
I've been hearing people use the term "fashion" when they should be using "style" and I've come to the conclusion that whoever commits this offense has no style to begin with

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads