• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
It's dificult to wear so many colours, and make it work. He pulled it of, IMO.

God, this looks like a sartorial Jackson Pollock. It's eye-burning.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Call it boring if you want, but that dude looks genuine. I doubt he woke up in the morning and thought he'd dress up for the Sartorialist. It's refreshingly free of the try-hard. something I can't say for Luca's combo.
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I think a darker hat would look nicer, too:
bluescarffoofed2.jpg

Now your just talking crazy. The hat's the best part. No need to go all matchy matchy.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Now your just talking crazy. The hat's the best part. No need to go all matchy matchy.

Are you kidding? It was too matchy-matchy before. Now there's some more contrast with the coat.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spectre
God, this looks like a sartorial Jackson Pollock. It's eye-burning.

I've never seen a Jackson Pollock IRL, but I'm betting I would like that as well
satisfied.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you kidding? It was too matchy-matchy before. Now there's some more contrast with the coat.

This may be a monitor issue. On mine, the hat is a totally different shade than everything else he's wearing. It's a rich, warm brown, while the coat is a lighter, cooler shade. Your revised pic makes the hat much, much closer to the color of his trou.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DocHolliday;1691311 said:
This may be a monitor issue. On mine, the hat is a totally different shade than everything else he's wearing. It's a rich, warm brown, while the coat is a lighter, cooler shade. Your revised pic makes the hat much, much closer to the color of his shoes.QUOTE]

I'd agree with the fixed version.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I much prefer the higher contrast faffoofed version to the original nuanced one.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Forum members are not pro models and some still manage to put together great outfits. Age has nothing to do with looking good.

No, but many members are modeling their clothing here, whether professionally or not, and that is apparent. This gentleman appears totally comfortable with who he is; the clothes look lived in in a way that seems an extension of himself. It is a simple, confident look and I like it. One needn't be a peacock, nor a runway model to appear well-dressed.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This may be a monitor issue. On mine, the hat is a totally different shade than everything else he's wearing. It's a rich, warm brown, while the coat is a lighter, cooler shade. Your revised pic makes the hat much, much closer to the color of his trou.

+1

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
No, but many members are modeling their clothing here, whether professionally or not, and that is apparent. This gentleman appears totally comfortable with who he is; the clothes look lived in in a way that seems an extension of himself. It is a simple, confident look and I like it. One needn't be a peacock, nor a runway model to appear well-dressed.

This is a good explanation of what I was trying to get at. I dig that his clothes look worn-in.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
More calling shots from the stands:

nopurple.jpg

I happen to hate purple myself. So I de-purpled Luca here by making his scarf a dark red and his gloves more blue-blue. I muted the blue in the tie and increased the contrast. The hat is darker. I'm supposing a lot of you guys will find this too match-matchy.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine what these guys would think if they knew that a bunch of strangers were Photoshopping the colors of their outfits and then re-posting them on a message board?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Can you imagine what these guys would think if they knew that a bunch of strangers were Photoshopping the colors of their outfits and then re-posting them on a message board?

And calling them with their first names as if they are best friends...

All sounds very 'One Hour Photo' to me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More calling shots from the stands:

nopurple.jpg

I happen to hate purple myself. So I de-purpled Luca here by making his scarf a dark red and his gloves more blue-blue. I muted the blue in the tie and increased the contrast. The hat is darker. I'm supposing a lot of you guys will find this too match-matchy.

That faffooffing is FAIL. Original was better, especially the purple scarf

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads