• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Boxes

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one OCD about shoe boxes? I like to keep my shoes in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pair of shoes, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

CharlestonBows

Reaction score
It's funny you ask this today, because I just finished shifting some things around in my closet and I'm the exact same way about shoe boxes.

It's never a deal breaker, though. If its the right shoe at the right price, I'll figure something out.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several emails out right now asking for a "replacement box". I wonder what the responses will be.

Also, I'm going to send my EG made PRL shoes to England for resole, mainly for the box.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never keep them, I would think they would eventually get too worn out or collapse if they're stacked high, that along with different sizes makes me not want to keep them. I buy clear plastic shoe boxes from the container store, makes stacking them easier.

Frogger42

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I have several emails out right now asking for a "replacement box". I wonder what the responses will be.

Also, I'm going to send my EG made PRL shoes to England for resole, mainly for the box.

Do you mind if I ask the cost for the RLPL resole?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
150ish GBP (awaiting reply from factory)

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha, so thats why you asked if I had the boxes for the Churchs in your PM.... enjoy them btw
smile.gif

mdesq

Reaction score
Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

Awesome. People like you make it so people like me get "new w/o box" shoes on eBay for less money. I never keep the boxes.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
hahaha, so thats why you asked if I had the boxes for the Churchs in your PM.... enjoy them btw
smile.gif

I put them on in the truck while driving up third. My wife was sure I'd have an accident.

Thanks again!

Yardsale

Reaction score
I used to keep all my shoes in their respective boxes, now I've tried to reduce the # of shoes and they are lined up neatly displayed above my racks of clothes. I just need more shoe trees now.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
I would think that original boxes would fall apart after some time, take up too much room, and would make it more difficult to find the shoe you want.
I simply place my shoes on shelves.
I will say that I did purchase a pair of Kiton Chukka's recently and am thinking about keeping the box. It's actually too pretty to just discard.

If I had the room I would store my shoes like some of these people on MTV Cribs. Place them in a transparent box and have a polaroid picture on the front of it so you can easily recognize which shoe it is.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdesq
Awesome. People like you make it so people like me get "new w/o box" shoes on eBay for less money. I never keep the boxes.

Don't get me wrong, if it's a must have I will proceed, but I will also write the factory in hopes of scoring a box, especially since most "must have" shoes come in generic boxes where they write the shoe info on by hand.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacksdad
I would think that original boxes would fall apart after some time, take up too much room, and would make it more difficult to find the shoe you want.
I simply place my shoes on shelves.
I will say that I did purchase a pair of Kiton Chukka's recently and am thinking about keeping the box. It's actually too pretty to just discard.

If I had the room I would store my shoes like some of these people on MTV Cribs. Place them in a transparent box and have a polaroid picture on the front of it so you can easily recognize which shoe it is.

Was that a Kimora Lee reference?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one OCD about shoe boxes? I like to keep my shoes in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pair of shoes, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

That's psycho, dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads