• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Common Projects $100 @ Theory Men's @ Woodbury Commons

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the guy who can't put his shoes on.

Lace them normally. It helps a lot.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
To the guy who can't put his shoes on. Lace them normally. It helps a lot.
I can't even fit my foot in the shoe if I lace it normally, as in how it came already in the box (all tied-up). And I thought I had narrow feet.. this takes it to a whole new level lol.

mistewacko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'm a flat footed 8.5 and my desert boot 41's barely fit me, we'll see if the mid court in 41 fit me

can you wear your desert boots the whole day without any pain?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mistewacko
can you wear your desert boots the whole day without any pain?

yeah, they're actually really really comfy...

hacksul

Reaction score
Surprisingly my sneakers came today (expected a monday arrival). I originally was told achilles mid but received the mid courts (fine by me). I also received the black court lows and the patent black achilles low all at 41. The 41 courts felt pretty good (almost a little large as I had to readjust the laces to tighten them a little. I can see what people mean regarding the achilles though. They definately felt at least 1/2 size smaller in the length and width (compared both feet and different styles to confirm). Not painful but a little tight. Somebody posted the patents don't stretch as much as the courts but they are not tight enough to be painful (no blisters I hope) but I posted just as an observation. My patents also said display model on the bottom though they looked flawless. The packaging on the other hand could have been better. I had a huge box (could have fit 6 boxes of shoes) with the 3 pairs inside. None of the boxes were tied down and one box opened up during transit so the shoes were floating in the wrapping paper (not much there so I was not quite sure why they even bothered). Also, one of my pairs was missing the dustbag (the opened one so maybe they cannabalized mine to give to someone with a single order?) though these dustbags are not exactly high quality. My JV Chucks came with better dustbags and don't even mention my Y3's! The shoes were extremetly nice (the patents were cool). Not sure if I would pay full retail on these things but definately worth the price I paid. I've got slightly narrow feet and definately not flat footed so no problem fitting the shoes with my feet (wear 8.5 chucks and 9 in adidas/puma/nike) unlike the poster above.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part of the discomfort from the Achilles patents lies in the weird way the leather creases, which could cause a slight pinching near the toe. In my experience, it doesn't last too long.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I got the black court shoes in 45 today. like em a lot, but if for some reason you REALLY REALLY wanted these I guess I could sell... I did wear them for a few hours today tho.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^honestly who really uses dustbags with their sneakers? I have tossed my CP dust bags the minute I open the box...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i use dustbags to hold lose socks
smile.gif

hacksul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i use dustbags to hold lose socks
smile.gif

I do the same with my socks...I also use them to hold shoes/sneakers when I travel (keeps my clothes from getting dirty from the soles). It is also a good place to separate the dirty underwear and socks from each other in the suitcase so I wouldn't throw those things away right away!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This thread is worse than the lanvin shoe thread on sufu.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This thread is worse than the lanvin shoe thread on sufu.

except common projects don't all look like shoes for marsupials like lanvin's do.

brohymn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
except common projects don't all look like shoes for marsupials like lanvin's do.

styleforum.net keeps it real

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads