• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its my work uniform. Teach PE
wink.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara blazer
Dries shirt
Balenciaga jeans (again)
Paul Smith Sundance (again)

Yeah, I know I need to step up on the variety

012309rz5.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
PG can we get a well-lit picture (non cell) of those Balenciaga jeans? I'm curious what they look like full on.

Please do it for the sake of this depressing, depressing thread (I know its my fault too).

slappysloopy

Reaction score
Sharlatan, you remind me of my AP English teacher in that jacket. Making a classic look out of mall brands is also his forte. Loved the lumberjack look before too. Awesome stuff.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
PG can we get a well-lit picture (non cell) of those Balenciaga jeans? I'm curious what they look like full on.

Please do it for the sake of this depressing, depressing thread (I know its my fault too).

I'll do it tomorrow morning. I posted a better pic the other week, people wanted detail shots though
tongue.gif
oops

Sharlatan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappysloopy
Sharlatan, you remind me of my AP English teacher in that jacket. Making a classic look out of mall brands is also his forte. Loved the lumberjack look before too. Awesome stuff.

Well, I was an english major back in my undergrad days...
teacha.gif

GY!BE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
A SF newbie takes the plunge.

j0l89e.jpg

7 Diamonds / Varvatos x Converse / AA / Levis / Chucks

Nothing revolutionary; I've only just recently started thinking about what I wear, so I'm still working on developing an aesthetic beyond the basics.

lose the chucks and i'd definitely like it more

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ozarks
I've never been a fan of peacoats in general so take this with a grain of salt, but it looks pretty boxy on you. The jeans look pretty bad below the knee.

Here's me hating the rain on the west coast.
84842788bu5.jpg

Are you too in the Fey Bay?

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
It's refreshing and I like where you're headed. Has a very Margiela vibe.

However you're not there yet. The medallion has to go as do the trainers (I would swap them for brown loafers or simple brown laceups). Also a buttonup would be better then a t-shirt, but I think you could stay with the same color scheme. Remember when you wear a bold piece (the jacket) it's important to tone everything else down.

Thanks and noted...

Do you have a pic of loafers done well with slim jeans?

Originally Posted by Robert
Slyce, who makes the jeans? They're good but I'd want them just an inch or two shorter, I think.

While I like Tigers, I think they look too "dirty" for the crisp look of the white jeans.

Not feeling the jacket and medallion at all, I'm afraid. Feels rather Sgt Pepper-era hippie to me.

Jeans -- RRL slim fit

Originally Posted by cgo
I think the fitting look very nice.

In terms of short sleeves I think it is ok as I tend to wear mine shorter as well but I think it would look better if you wear a long sleeve short on a short sleeve jacket.

Btw, what jacket is that?

Thanks for the input and jacket is ~1920's vintage marching band jacket

Originally Posted by tagutcow
Are you Baha'i?

No, I'm not...Is this about the medallion? If you know anything about it, please let me know!

Originally Posted by spreadcollar
rrl slim fits?

Yes

Originally Posted by hossoso
The fit of the jeans is good. The shoes, medallion and marching band(?) jacket aren't working. I can't tell about the shirt, is it just a plain black v-neck?

edit: Why are you wearing a marching band jacket?

Shirt is navy.

And what kind of question is "why are you wearing a marching band jacket?"

Why do people wear military cut jackets and shirts? Why do people wear messenger bags when they aren't mailmen? Wtf are you getting at? I like the way it looks.

Why don't you post fit pics?

**To everyone -- thanks for the input!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
And what kind of question is "why are you wearing a marching band jacket?" Why do people wear military cut jackets and shirts? Why do people wear messenger bags when they aren't mailmen? Wtf are you getting at? I like the way it looks.
I agree, would neg rep that guy if I could. I think the medallion clashes with the jacket and the v-neck/sneakers are too modern for the jacket, they look out of place. A turtleneck or classic-fit navy dress shirt would work really well. Jeans are a nice fit and the jacket is not bad except the inward folded sleeve on the right of the front-facing photo looks bad, clean line on the sleeve end would look much better. The sleeves look a bit short but could be fine.
1-23-2009.jpg
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room
230109.jpg
raf by raf acne

Missed this, really like it though, that belt line is perfection

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too may fits to comment - sadly not all were good.. Regulars consistent..

Back to Topic

Temp - 8c - 14c , cooler
Days Agenda - Saturday, laundry day, hung out with yfyf (great guy), dinner with landlord (yes.. my landlord)

I feel like the Coyote in The Road Runner just before a car runs him over!
Me & laundry bag

L1080309W.jpg

Love the Vespa plates..
Me sans laundry bag

L1080315W.jpg

Pea Coat Navy wool melton - Muji
Sweater Chocolate 3/4 zip cashmere - Uniqlo
Shirt Jantzen MTO 1st Batch
Pants Khaki in vintage cotton - Uniqlo
Socks\tPaul Smith
Boots Whiskey wax hide leather "Indy" - Alden's
Belt Varying tans silk & cotton woven elastic belt - E. Zegna
Bag Chocolate canvas with brown saddle leather detail & "wacky" yellow fisherman netting for the outside (perfuect for camera & cigars) - Paul Smith British Collection
PS\t Muji
Hat Cream cotton/linen 'flat-cap = Uniqlo
Watch Pilot's Watch Chrono-Automatic Edition Top Gun on chocolate croc Big Pilot strap - IWC
Frames Silver "Outdoors Man" - Rayban
Odeur\tKiehls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads