• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

sweisman

Reaction score
To usher the the dawn of a new presidency, I tried my new Cereus #11. I have as many hopes for it's use, as the future of our country. (Pretty good stuff!)

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changeofpace
I love Jean Paul Gaultier's LE MALE.

P6322_hero.jpg

Can anyone recommend a similar fragrance ?

Body Kouros

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: a new scent: Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur. A slightly butch version of Jicky (Extra diaper note), and worth having around.

sweisman

Reaction score
Today I went with the old school, mass marketed Obsession. I like it anyway.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Got a bunch of new frags the other day:
Givenchy Very Irresistible
Bleue D'Issey
Lacoste Essential
Bvlgari Aqva
Chanel Allure Homme Sport

I'll save these for when things warm up but today I'll go with the bleue bottle.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sweisman
Today I went with the old school, mass marketed Obsession. I like it anyway.

I haven't smelled that in forever. Okay, since college (what, '90?).

Today: a classic - Caron Pour Un Homme - a different take on lavender/vanilla from yesterday's Mouchoir de Monsieur. Where MdM was dry, herbal, and civetty, PuH is more amber/woody, sweeter, and reassuring. MdM is the sharply witty debater, while PuH is much more affable.

sweisman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I haven't smelled that in forever. Okay, since college (what, '90?).

Today: a classic - Caron Pour Un Homme - a different take on lavender/vanilla from yesterday's Mouchoir de Monsieur. Where MdM was dry, herbal, and civetty, PuH is more amber/woody, sweeter, and reassuring. MdM is the sharply witty debater, while PuH is much more affable.

Good call on the year!...That would have been when I was in college, and when I first wore it as well.

Today was TF Private Blend Black Violet...very sweet, but very nice. Worth the high price/ml decant!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sweisman
Good call on the year!...That would have been when I was in college, and when I first wore it as well.

Today was TF Private Blend Black Violet...very sweet, but very nice. Worth the high price/ml decant!

re: Obsession - Good God it seemed EVERYBODY wore Obsession back then. Too much of a good thing. I think I was hung up on New West and Giorgio for Men at the time.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: back to Mouchoir de Monsieur. I'm liking this one.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^It's good, isn't it???

Warming up a bit today, so Mitsouko. The sunny weather and warmth brings out the peach not much more nicely...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^It's good, isn't it???

Warming up a bit today, so Mitsouko. The sunny weather and warmth brings out the peach not much more nicely...

I like it very well, it's hard to pin down though. It's very well-balanced, and they make the most of a few well-chosen notes. Guerlain certainly knows what they're doing with this one. I'm thinking a backup bottle may be in my eventual future (he says as his three bottles of Pour Un Homme hit the doorstep).

Yeah, it's warming up here as well. Better hurry up and wear my Bel Ami/Varvatos/Antaeus/Amber/etc. scents before it's summertime again.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I wore my newly acquired Adoflo's Vetiver Hombre...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
YEsterday: Mouchoir de Monsieur

Today: Diptyque L'Autre. Not sure why I don't wear this more often. It's damn good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads