• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

Chinook

Reaction score
They are bigger than my NS pockets methinks. The pocket bags are also very thick. The pocket opening is cut a lot more generously than my NS. I will get pics for you tomorrow.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pocket bags are actually really long. come down to my mid thigh

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
True to what he measures? Yes.

And to the poster above, yes the Cougars are bigger than the NS. Just read the measurements. Every single one of the jeans he makes has a detailed measurement and the measurements are accurate.

Well the reason I was asking is because APC stretch so much, it's hard to measure. Just checked though, and according to the AW website and Context, NS are a bigger cut BEFORE they stretch than the AW cougars are.

kit99bar

Reaction score
my 33 grifters are now a 34 after about 3 months. that is pretty minimal for jeans imo considering I wear them low.

Originally Posted by wmmk
yeah, and they supposedly never shrink or stretch...

Tossu

Reaction score
My Raker 31x32 XX-DI (Shrink to Fit)

before Shrink, new
fight[1].gif

*1st pic with flash.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Well the reason I was asking is because APC stretch so much, it's hard to measure. Just checked though, and according to the AW website and Context, NS are a bigger cut BEFORE they stretch than the AW cougars are.

if you compare same sizes the NS will appear larger. The Cougars are true to size though so in order to compare apples to apples you have to ditch the APC vanity size and go with what's actual. 36 in cougars are more in line with 33-34 NS than the 36s.

That said, I have both 36 cougar and 34 (i think) NS and the cougars are noticeably more relaxed. the opening is closer to straight leg than my NS. I prefer the thigh of the cougars and the hem of the NS. if my cougars tapered more they would be the perfect cut. as is, they're still my favorites. mainly because of the denim and the details. APC is a bit too minimalist for me.

Chinook

Reaction score
Pocket bag fades.

yeah okay, maybe you think they are too tight. I don't really care.

The flash makes it look more obvious than it is.. But after two days of wear I actually have some noticeable pocket bag fades. Here comes the scissors!

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Is that an MJK flannel I spy? If so, luck will have it that we'll be both be wearing it on the day that we finally run into each other on the street.

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nonissue
Just checked though, and according to the AW website and Context, NS are a bigger cut BEFORE they stretch than the AW cougars are.
What the hell size charts are you looking at?
APC NS
Tagged Size 30
Waist: 32"
Rise: 10.5"
Thigh: 10.75"
Knee: 8.5"
Opening: 7.5"

Ande Whall Cougar
Tagged Size 32
Waist: 32"
Rise: 10.75"
Thigh: 12.5"
Knee: 8.4"
Opening: 7.75"

The only thing the NS is bigger in is the knee. If you are comparing equivalent tagged sizes for some reason,the tagged size 32 NS is still considerably smaller in the thigh than the size 32 Cougars.

And I speak from personal experience as well. For reference, I have 24" thighs. Before I got my size 31 AW Cougars, I bought some size 29 APC NS because they are pimped so much on these forums. When I put them on, they were RIDICULOUSLY tight in the thigh and top block. I could not even sit in a chair comfortably with them on. I decided they weren't gonna work for me so I sent them back.

My Cougars, when new, were quasi-tight in the thighs. I have had them for about 2 months now, and they have stretched to a fitted, not ***-tight, look. There is no question that the Cougars are a more relaxed cut than the NS.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SykoFreak
My Cougars, when new, were quasi-tight in the thighs. I have had them for about 2 months now, and they have stretched to a fitted, not ***-tight, look. There is no question that the Cougars are a more relaxed cut than the NS.

Haha, yah you're right. Thanks for the help man. If you had a fit pic for the cougars it would be rad.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I posted this a while back in the denim pictures thread. These are my Grifters, pretty much retired now that the pocket bags have disintegrated. I have a new pair but I haven't really started wearing them.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i made sure to tell andewhall to make my pocket bags indestructable, as they always seem to rip. he made it of really thick canvas

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Before stepping into this thread I knew nothing of Ande Whall. Now I'm considering getting a pair of Cougars that I don't really need.

Good thread.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i made sure to tell andewhall to make my pocket bags indestructable, as they always seem to rip. he made it of really thick canvas
so he improved it for all his jeans or just your pair?
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads