• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
globe - it's been on my mind. I do have a feeling the subsequent discipline won't be too challenging to document here.

yeah, its a tough call, nobody likes to fire or force people out, but it really is hard for people to change.

gsugsu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, its a tough call, nobody likes to fire or force people out, but it really is hard for people to change.

People rarely change. Progressive discipline, unions, tenure and other things now make it all but impossible to deal with people in the workplace. Private industry on the other hand has an easier time hiring and firing but labour boards and human rights boards now take up the cause of people who do not want to conform to the workplace environment and usually side with the exception rather than the rule. I often tell people that things will turn around here with a few timely retirements and a few welcome deaths!

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I killed them, froze them, and ate them over a few months to savor the pleasure slowly.....
Probably because it's less stressful than firing them!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
missed out on a helmut lang ebay coat between the time i left the office and the time i got home.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Books that teach a foreign language... that are written in the foreign language.

How the **** am I supposed to do the activities and learn vocabulary if all the directions are in French and there aren't coherent lists of the words I'm supposed to learn?

minus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
What did they do to you?

Routinely hold packages for inexplicably long times despite full disclosure on the import papers, and ignore/disregard country of origin declaration even with proper documentation and then charge 18% tariff plus 5% tax on items not subject to duty requiring an endless stream of paperwork to overturn.

In short; bugger me.
smile.gif

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feeling insecure

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
negotiating a raise at work. very stressful - I was a too flexible last year, and this year I want to get substantialy better compensated, but it is taking a toll on my stress level this week.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
negotiating a raise at work. very stressful - I was a too flexible last year, and this year I want to get substantialy better compensated, but it is taking a toll on my stress level this week.

Take it a minute at a time, don't second guess your skills. Promise yourself a fat cigar and a bottle of your best single malt this weekend.

reason_being

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gsugsu
_.png
People rarely change. Progressive discipline, unions, tenure and other things now make it all but impossible to deal with people in the workplace. Private industry on the other hand has an easier time hiring and firing but labour boards and human rights boards now take up the cause of people who do not want to conform to the workplace environment and usually side with the exception rather than the rule. I often tell people that things will turn around here with a few timely retirements and a few welcome deaths!

Sure learned that one the hard way.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For which party?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am gonna have to write like 15 essays this term.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads