• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

yace

Reaction score
what does standard fabric include?
And premium?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
My friend and trouser maker Salvatore Ambrosi will be in New York City between February 18th and 24th to meet with new and old clients. In addition, Gennaro Solito, the esteemed Neapolitan tailor, will be present to take orders for jackets and suits.

Salvatore is still working out the hotel details, so I will keep you posted about the exact location. But, until then, here's a price list:

Pants: $700
Jacket: $2,100
Suit: $2,800

These prices relate to 'standard' cloths. You can e-mail Salvatore at [email protected] to make an appointment.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm wearing a Solito suit here.

Keep in mind, as I note in that post, that the suit was not made for me.

Here he is in his shop looking quite elegant:

2322656782_1943d2a8f5.jpg

- B

He tends to, from what I have seen, make a more fitted coat than that in general. Obviously, he can make a drapey one as well, but the voluminousness in that pic should not scare people away who would prefer something leaner.

Ambrosi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yace
what does standard fabric include?
And premium?
Thanks.

Velluto, moleskine, tasmania 150's, flannel, mohair, linen Irish and Italian linen, cotton drill, etc. ..

Salvatore

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
He tends to, from what I have seen, make a more fitted coat than that in general. Obviously, he can make a drapey one as well, but the voluminousness in that pic should not scare people away who would prefer something leaner.

BTW, in that Menswear mag. that he has in that pic, he is quoted as saying something to the effect of "come to me for what I do, not for what you want". In other words, don't be an internerd and go ask him to make you a Tom Ford cut
boxing[1].gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

Yes, you can see that the one that I have has a much cleaner chest...here's a different shot than the one I linked earlier in this thread...

305947660_NefQQ-X2.jpg

...so that tells me both that he can do both ranges, but also that if you see him, you should be clear on how you want the chest and back to be, lest you get a clean chest when you want a bit of drape, or a bit of drape when you wanted a clean chest.

- B

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
In other words, don't be an internerd and go ask him to make you a Tom Ford cut.

Nicely played, but it won't work.

lefty

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I like what he makes for Maurizio Marinella.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
No, he doesn't. Solito does coats. Ambrosi is the trouser maker.

No, no, no, not this time, Consigliary. No more meetin's, no more discussions, no more Sollozzo tricks. You give them a message from I want Solozzo if not it's all out war we go to the mattresses.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any major differences between Gennaro Solito and Raphael Raffaelli?

mikeber

Reaction score
mafoofan, what is the process with these guys? I assume that when meeting you first, they take your measurements and order and later they deliver a finished suit? Or does the process involve fittings? From the frequency of their visits I guess it might be difficult to have several fittings. Am I wrong?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeber
mafoofan, what is the process with these guys? I assume that when meeting you first, they take your measurements and order and later they deliver a finished suit? Or does the process involve fittings? From the frequency of their visits I guess it might be difficult to have several fittings. Am I wrong?

From what I understand regarding the trousers: First meet you get measured and you choose your fabrics. Second meet in March they return with trousers for another fitting. If they need to be adjusted again (they probably will) they will make the notes of adjustments. Afterwards they will fix back home in Italy and I believe then mail you finished product.

I believe M. Fan had one additional step when he had pants made based on reading his blog.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Quick question - do either of these gentlemen ever visit the U.K? Or would I need to travel to Naples for a pair of Ambrosi trousers?

Ambrosi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by R.O. Thornhill
Quick question - do either of these gentlemen ever visit the U.K? Or would I need to travel to Naples for a pair of Ambrosi trousers?

certainly by the end of the month of February I will also be in London ..

Stay connected to see my travel ...

thanks
Salvatore

Ambrosi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeber

The first visit is to prenderele measures and select the fabrics, the second time bè to prove that both the trousers and jackets baste, enon finished ..
After the measure dispatched all at home ..

For more information may apply to Mr. Manton, he already has Rovato to make trousers ...

Thank you for your interest

Salvatore

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads