• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whey vs. Milk

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Deadlift is very anthropometrically dependent and people of different heights and genders will lift differently. There's an optimal joint angle and it's not the same for everyone.

That doesn't change the fact that the form makes me cringe. Hips came up way too far compared to the shoulders in the initial part of the pull.

Digestion doesn't stop and start around working out.
For all intensive purposes it does - you're not going to digest huge amounts during a workout and it just sits there which is why some people can't exercise on a full stomach. Blood flow in the body in the body increases during exercise with the digestive organs getting the same amount per unit time as it did prior to activity. I don't have my notes from last year here with me else I'd try and give some numbers.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/sports-physiology8.htm Explains the general principle at the bottom of the page.

Originally Posted by lefty
My computer won't let me open PDFs from crossfit.

lefty

It's only Ripp so you're ok. We know you don't like crossfit
tounge.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
That doesn't change the fact that the form makes me cringe. Hips came up way too far compared to the shoulders in the initial part of the pull.

But if he's pulling for a PR you have to expect a little wonky form. I only saw it once and there may have been a hitch, but honestly I don't much care.

For all intensive purposes it does ...

I'm gonna give you a hand here:

The correct phrase is "to all intents and purposes." This phrase dates back to the 1500s and originated in English law, where it was "to all intents, constructions, and purposes." In modern usage, "for all intents and purposes" is also acceptable. The phrase means "for all practical purposes" and is generally used to compare two nonidentical acts or deeds, i.e., "She went to his room and drank with him, which he viewed to all intents and purposes as consent to sex." A shorter equivalent phrase is "in effect."

A common malapropism is "for all intense and purposes", (also, "for all intensive purposes") a result of the original phrase being misheard and repeated. The word "intense" is used here incorrectly; "intense" is used in English to indicate a degree of intensity, i.e., "As the afternoon passed, the fire grew more intense."

It's only Ripp so you're ok. We know you don't like crossfit
tounge.gif

Don't blame me, blame my mac.

lefty

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nordicstyle
You know you're not supposed to take protein powder instead of meals? It's a nutrition supplement, after all.

Yup. I know that. But sometimes due to lateness and with nothing open, I would just chug a protein shake. Otherwise, even a burger with many beef patties will do.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I don't train my arms because I want to fit into clothes. Biceps don't do a whole lot anyway.

And trying to see if I'm in proportion based on a photo through a dirty bathroom mirror with a lousy old camera is kinda petty.

This reminds me of comments on YouTube videos.

You must be joking me! You are afraid of your arms getting too big and hence you don't train them? That must be the most lame excuse here since Eason's "˜I focus on Muay Thai now'.

BTW what is the point of lifting 2.5 times your bodyweight if you look like the *****. I would rather lift 0.5 times my bodyweight and look like Jay. I bet most would want that. You have obviously lost the plot long time ago together with your harebrained theories.

Also, dirty mirror or not, if aint got it, you aint got it.

aleeboy

Reaction score
To Lefty, good job on pulling 2.5 times your BW. That's an impressive deadlift.

I saw your infamous picture and I too am curious as to why you think you won't be able to fit your shirts? You would need 16+ arms to start to strain them. You don't look anywhere near this size. But good lifting stats you have.

brohymn

Reaction score
I don't know who that was on the second page with that deadlift video, but in all seriousness that was some ugly form

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I'm not beasty's agent. If he wants to post vids of eels being shoved into his ass, that's his business.

beasty, you're fan club grows.

lefty

I googled that and emailed it to a lot of people. I have to say this is at the top of my list for really weird, ridiculous Appreciation. holy crap.

And I don't know why everyone is giving why so much ****. I played that video a couple of times just to listen to the sweet background muzak.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy

I saw your infamous picture and I too am curious as to why you think you won't be able to fit your shirts? You would need 16+ arms to start to strain them. You don't look anywhere near this size. But good lifting stats you have.

why's lift and pic, not mine.

lefty

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have a need for bicep work so I don't do it. I don't like the look very much either. In all honesty I'd rather be a bit smaller because I fit into clothes much better that way. I'm talking designer sizing with 15" sleeves and such. It's a matter of the sleeves no looking too tight and pulling at the shoulders more than anything. The big arms look is a bit apeish and I don't like to do vanity exercises.

If you don't like my deadlift form you don't have to, but it's pretty common for PRs. It's near PR level so my form won't be perfect. Most people who go for PRs have form similar to that. It's a strong joint angle, but it's just not optimal for training since the lower back tires of well before the hamstrings, quads, and glutes. It's the reason a lot of powerlifters rarely train deadlift directly -- too much fatigue for the strength gain.

For all intensive purposes it does - you're not going to digest huge amounts during a workout and it just sits there which is why some people can't exercise on a full stomach. Blood flow in the body in the body increases during exercise with the digestive organs getting the same amount per unit time as it did prior to activity. I don't have my notes from last year here with me else I'd try and give some numbers.

I said bloodstream, though, not the stomach. I can work out either way. It doesn't matter much.

beasty

Reaction score

Don't bust his fantasy. That's generally the lamers' excuse for not doing anything.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I don't have a need for bicep work so I don't do it. I don't like the look very much either. In all honesty I'd rather be a bit smaller because I fit into clothes much better that way. I'm talking designer sizing with 15" sleeves and such. It's a matter of the sleeves no looking too tight and pulling at the shoulders more than anything. The big arms look is a bit apeish and I don't like to do vanity exercises.

If you don't like my deadlift form you don't have to, but it's pretty common for PRs. It's near PR level so my form won't be perfect. Most people who go for PRs have form similar to that. It's a strong joint angle, but it's just not optimal for training since the lower back tires of well before the hamstrings, quads, and glutes. It's the reason a lot of powerlifters rarely train deadlift directly -- too much fatigue for the strength gain.

I said bloodstream, though, not the stomach. I can work out either way. It doesn't matter much.

For god's sake, unless you wear designer clothes with a slim cut like some Dolce, Mcqueen and Slimane's stuff, you would be able to fit into designer clothes. Further, if you are bigger than average, you would get a bigger size and you would definitely fit.

Yah. Your deadlift form sucks. It's a matter of time before you get injured. Then you can regale us with your new found theories on why you need not rest to recuperate and other bizarre home grown remedies you have. I can hardly wait. Troll boy.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

You are an exercise in contradiction.

People in this forum are vain. They are into designer clothes which are vain. What is the difference between a cheap Walmat plain T and a Giorgio Armani T? If you tell me, it's the quality, I will smack you with a 20 kg plate. They are into going to the gym so they can look good and wearing handmade clothes and shoes not because they are functional and easily purchased.

If you are not into vanity exercises, what is your goal in the gym? To look like **** while perfecting your crappy lifts? So you can lift 3 times your bodyweight while people ask you "˜You serious? You really work out?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads