• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whey vs. Milk

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
From my question new questions arise. Should I really not eat before a workout because blood won't go to my muscles? I heard something like this regarding weightloss, but I'm doing lifting, not cardio. Still applies?
No, it doesn't apply. I wouldn't go to Hometown Buffet before a workout but do what you're comfortable with and make sure you eat enough. If your workouts are progressing keep at it. The weights should always be moving up.

Titleist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I never said it was useless. Quit reading what isn't there. You have a severe tendency to only see black or white and any shade of grey in between somehow fades or darkens to one of the poles.

And science doesn't give a **** about credibility so stop trying to use it.

So, you can't find any science then?

Stop nitpicking - I only read in between the lines. You took the stance opposing damn near every leading authority in the fitness world. Whether you believe the PWO window is 30 minutes or 24 hours, it is there and it is beneficial.
Originally Posted by why
me186.jpg

You've got to be joking. You work out, really?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Yawn! Your ignorance astounds me.
I have no interest in dealing with all your incoherent train of thought and insults. Yawn!

Originally Posted by beasty
My development was stunted

You should feel proud that somebody dealt the hand you were has been able to live a semi-normal life, let alone post on a forum!
drool.gif

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whey is overpriced? I buy Optimum for less than $40 per five pounds. I don't think its price has gone up at all as far as I can remember.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
Whey is overpriced? I buy Optimum for less than $40 per five pounds. I don't think its price has gone up at all as far as I can remember.

One of the best products out there... doesn't make me feel bloated like other stuff.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Titleist
So, you can't find any science then? Stop nitpicking - I only read in between the lines. You took the stance opposing damn near every leading authority in the fitness world. Whether you believe the PWO window is 30 minutes or 24 hours, it is there and it is beneficial.
Are you that ******* stupid? Can you even read? Read what I wrote and not what I wanted to hear. You have a serious communication problem. Good job on making things personal, by the way. You've demonstrated in under 50 posts that you can not only be a complete idiot, but also have a total lack of wit when it comes to insults. And yes, I do work out. You're too ignorant to realize what you're even saying -- much like the other guys who ripped on Eason for a while. There's a whole club of Internet haters out there for you to join, and they're not on this forum.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
lactose intolerance

well this thread doesn't apply to you then as you can't have milk. To those that wonder which one they should use they can just mix the damn whey in the milk. Not rocket science.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Titleist
So, you can't find any science then?

Stop nitpicking - I only read in between the lines. You took the stance opposing damn near every leading authority in the fitness world. Whether you believe the PWO window is 30 minutes or 24 hours, it is there and it is beneficial.

You've got to be joking. You work out, really?

Haha. This picture is even more hilarious than his last pic. Where do you get these gems!

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
well this thread doesn't apply to you then as you can't have milk. To those that wonder which one they should use they can just mix the damn whey in the milk. Not rocket science.
eh.gif
I'm not lactose intolerant and I mix milk with my shakes when I make them at home. Pretty sure most people do this unless they don't want the added carbs / fats from shakes. Some people like to control their macro nutrient ratios.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Are you that ******* stupid? Can you even read? Read what I wrote and not what I wanted to hear.

You have a serious communication problem.

Good job on making things personal, by the way. You've demonstrated in under 50 posts that you can not only be a complete idiot, but also have a total lack of wit when it comes to insults.

And yes, I do work out. You're too ignorant to realize what you're even saying -- much like the other guys who ripped on Eason for a while. There's a whole club of Internet haters out there for you to join, and they're not on this forum.

Yup. Everyone here is an idiot and getting personal while you are the one busy spewing expletives. You seem to be oblivious that your postings are consistently against conventional wisdom and logic and you offer not a shred of evidence that your position taken would even work. And when questioned, you post an even more circular web of logic that makes sense only to you.

BTW if you do workout, can you explain what exactly do you do and take to obtain such a physique? If its based on your bizarre philosophy, the fallibility of your theories would be self evident to everyone here, even if it is not to you.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I'm trying my best. The camera's not perfect but it'll do I guess. I sent SoCal some hotter pics too.
me186.jpg

Props for posting a shirtless pic on here, and I have to confess I kinda appreciate your POV on this forum and what you bring to the table, but dude, you are nowhere near as built/ripped to have such an arrogant, hard line "my way is right you're all ******* wrong" attitude. Your arms look skinny, your belly is flabby, your shoulders appear narrow and underdeveloped, and your chest needs work. Tone the attitude down and be open to the possibility that you don't know everything.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
From my question new questions arise. Should I really not eat before a workout because blood won't go to my muscles?

If you're eating enough calories per day to support your goals then you shouldn't even have to worry about pre/post workout nutrition. Let the elite, competing bodybuilder stress over that stuff.

I prefer to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. If too much time has passed since my last meal then I will eat something that will give me energy but won't weigh me down - such as yogurt, banana & a glass of OJ to get me through the workout.

How & when you eat and workout should simply fit in with your schedule & preference. The important thing is that you do workout and you do eat and you don't get bogged down over-complicating matters. "Why" is correct - just try to avoid eating a buffet or double cheeseburger prior to a workout.

Titleist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Good job on making things personal, by the way.
You made it personal when you posted your picture, dude. What did you think I would say, "You'll qualify for the Arnold next year"? No. I'm not even convinced you train.

If your method really was the best, I'd expect you to at least have an admirable physique.

Don't take it all so seriously, bud. Keep doing whatever it is you do and you might break 170 in a few years.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
beasty, you still here? When you PM'd me asking for advice on how a young BB could make a few extra bucks, I thought I hooked you up. I know that Japanese anal eel Appreciation looks nasty, but trust me those Japanese fellows will pay plenty to watch a young buck like you squirm. Do itasshimashita, ぼんくら. lefty
Link me on this tonight. Please. As soon as I go home that link will be emailed to every friend I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads