• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Fitness Model

Noir.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theincumbent
Noir - would you post a daily diet plan that would consist of 3200+ calories.

This is the area that I am deficient in and I feel that it slows down my growth dramatically.

Thanks in advance.

\t Protein\tCarbs Fats\tCalories
High\t 266\t332\t 120\t 3467
Moderate\t 266\t266\t 120\t 3202
Low\t 266\t199\t 120\t 2936

6 meals per day so ~44g of protein per meal
Meal 1 = Carb/4, post workout = Carb/2, meal after post workout = carb/4
remaining 3 meals have 40g of fat each and as many green veggies as you want

Noir.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Noir thanks for the compliment (photoshop can do a lot for a person's face).

I'm sure others could benefit from the same information, it would probably be best just to post it here instead of restricting it to PM.

always have food with you. fast food is a lot of calories. if you don't have to worry about any fat gain (i.e. v. difficult to put on weight. eat whatever and not change), enjoy it. lift hard and eat like it's going out of style. This is about the only time I ever recommend junk food other than for a refeed/cheat.

Titleist

Reaction score

This is the area that I am deficient in and I feel that it slows down my growth dramatically.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone wants of you want to change your physique, take the time to calculate your BMR & calculate your daily caloric needs using the Harris-Benedict Formula. If you know your lean body weight, you can use the Katch-McArdle formula.

From there, look at a few different diet outlines and get some ideas.

Here are two:

Plan 1:
7:45\t250 ml of egg whites\t
2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
15 gm of whey protein\t
25 gm of oatmeal\t

10:15\t1 1/2 can of tuna\t
15 ml of flax seed oil\t

12:45\t8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
1 banana\t
15 gm of whey protein\t
1 yogurt\t

3:15\t1 1/2 can of tuna\t
15 ml of flax seed oil\t

5:15\t120 gm of steak\t
20 gm of whey protein\t
Mustard\t
50 gm of carrots\t
5 ml of flax seed oil\t

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15\t60 gm of whey\t
5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)\t
1 apple\t
2.5 ml of flaxseed oil\t

9:30\t125 gm of cottage cheese\t
15 gm of whey protein
1 no sugar added fat free yogurt\t

TOTAL CARBS:\t 300 GM - 1200 calories
TOTAL PROTEIN\t 320 GM - 1280 calories
APPROX TOTAL FAT:\t63 GM - 567 calories
TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day

Plan 2:
Meal 1: Pro/Carb
8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal
50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat
Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies
55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb
Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice
55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
**Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat
2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies
60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition
2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose
40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)
50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat
Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed
3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil
60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories.

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It's not mean to be comprehensive. Everyone is different; use trial and error to find what works for you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are just two "lean-bulk" diets I pulled. They are far from perfect (i.e. Plan 2 goes overboard on the protein; spreads aren't ideal), but they can give you at least a relative idea. You may not be able to eat that many times per day, or you may need more/less of a certain macro. Either way, start somewhere and continue to tweak it. It's a never-ending process.

Approximately 40%/40%/20% (Pro/Carb/Fat) is a good macro spread.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Titleist, your diet is a little lacking in vitamins and minerals; adding salmon, avocados and nuts will take care of most deficits. I suggest adding nuts to the 10;15 meal, occassionally swap tuna and salmon and I guess you can put avocados on the tortilla. This will add some calories, which you can even out by removing the muffin or something. I know it's a primer, but still.

Edit: oh, and 10 eggs a day..?

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Not when you get 5-6 hours of sleep a night, work 10 hour shifts, and the only time you can work out is right after work. NOXplode saves ******* lives.

You could make a much better stimulant stack for far less money. NO is purported to enhance nutrient delivery to muscle tissue via increased bloodflow while also immediately increasing muscle size; it doesn't do either. Sure, it enhances the pump you get, but again, you could make something to do that far more effectively for cheaper.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^it's been proven ineffective in study after study.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
You could make a much better stimulant stack for far less money.

Been a looong time since I did some reading on this, but you meant caffeine + creatine, right?

Titleist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kas
Titleist, your diet is a little lacking in vitamins and minerals; adding salmon, avocados and nuts will take care of most deficits. I suggest adding nuts to the 10;15 meal, occassionally swap tuna and salmon and I guess you can put avocados on the tortilla. This will add some calories, which you can even out by removing the muffin or something. I know it's a primer, but still.

Edit: oh, and 10 eggs a day..?

Neither one of those is mine, although I have used something similar to Plan 2 in the past. Like I said, they're definitely flawed, but in the interest of time I just pulled them out of a saved document.

Yeah, 10 eggs. That's entirely reasonable as long as you like eggs, especially if they don't include the yolk. I used to down 16 oz of [pasteurized] liquid egg whites every morning. The gas is just ******* terrible.

Titleist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Been a looong time since I did some reading on this, but you meant caffeine + creatine, right?
Yeah. Caffeine is tried and true. For the pump, 500g of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) can be had for less than $25. Plus, you can get 1000g of creatine monohydrate for only $17.

Some swear by NO Xplode and the likes, while others consider them useless. Personal preference. I enjoy Redline Xtreme.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked

I'm not currently using a preworkout stack (just Scivation Xtend + more BCAA powder), but last summer it was creatine, beta-alanine, citruline malate and yohimbine HCL, which is awesome stuff.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
Like I stated before. I gotta work and go to school full time. You guys are right tho. I think the only way to do this is if i eat properly.
Get a job as a cook. I started cooking in high school and continued in college. You'll be surprised how much weight you can put on when you grab a little bit from everybody's plate.
This is a cool tool I found in another thread. It's a helluva lot easier than excel
food-2.jpg
I don't eat wheat, oats, or flour. And I don't think you should either. *Oh yeah, or dairy. No, I don't take soy protein, but it was the only protein powder I could find in the database that didn't have tons of carbs. This is from a "physically intense" day (either gym, sports, boatloads of masterb8ing, whatever). On "off" days, I cut out most of the fruit, some of the peanut butter, and all of the mixed veggies (which includes corn).

Noir.

Reaction score
^ I have something similar to that in excel. I've got a database full of foods and their substitutions. I use the simpler sheet for intake (the one with the database has bodyfats, goals, etc. but I don't like dealing with it for my macros) and can make the diet from there. Pretty useful, but the software was expensive
frown.gif

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with oats?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I don't eat wheat, oats, or flour. And I don't think you should either.

I can understand flour, but why not wheat or oats? You allergic to gluten? Paleo diet?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
What's wrong with oats?

Originally Posted by lance konami
I can understand flour, but why not wheat or oats? You allergic to gluten? Paleo diet?

I'm no scientist. I've got two reasons, though.

I'm not comfortable eating food that has that bad of a fiber:carbohydrate ratio. To get 4g of fiber from an apple, you need to eat about 20g of carbs. To get 4g of fiber from oatmeal, you need to eat about 30g of carbs. The ratio gets even worse for wheat and cereal.

I guess, then, I just don't see the point of eating a bowl of oatmeal when you can have an apple instead.

Also, anecdotally, I look/feel less defined the day after I eat starch.

The day before an event (race, match, new Cassidey flick... whatever), I might eat starch, but that's about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads