• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whey vs. Milk

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
OMG YO
laugh.gif

I know! I know!
I own Eason and he still doesn't know it!
He's like some dumb blonde who post her pics on facebook and now demand I do so as well. If not, I am some fraud etc etc.

In the first place, Paris, I have never promised to post anything and I have never asked you to post anything. God! Some people are so clueless.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
What window would that be?

The postworkout window as identified by pretty much any sports nutritionist you can name.

Unless you're going to claim Berardi et al are wrong.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I love whey + milk for the taste, but the ***** are absolutely adominable. I'll do it once a week, but every other day I'm doing water + whey, because the combination of the two wreaks havoc on my digestive system.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I love whey + milk for the taste, but the ***** are absolutely adominable. I'll do it once a week, but every other day I'm doing water + whey, because the combination of the two wreaks havoc on my digestive system.

You are lactose intolerant.
What you can do: take milk with low lactose levels.
Do not mix excessive whey powder with milk.
After this, you should **** normally.
If not, take pills for lactose intolerance. Available everywhere.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
You are lactose intolerant.
What you can do: take milk with low lactose levels.
Do not mix excessive whey powder with milk.
After this, you should **** normally.
If not, take pills for lactose intolerance. Available everywhere.

In my case, either of the two alone causes no problems. I can drink milk, and I can take whey with water. But the two of them together... god save us all.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Wow. I can see you are real upset. I don’t know why. I mean I am just trying to be reconciliatory and extend an olive branch to you. I hope you can learn from your incorrect use of grammar so you can improve in future. But for you to snap back on ‘imaginary gym and pretend to lift weights’? That’s so uncalled for. I base my point on your poor command of the English language, which is evident for all to see but what do you base yours on? The fact I did not extend my photos to you? Wow! You are so incoherent and illogical. You blame me because I am smart enough not to be baited by you? Did it occurred to you that if I am a fraud, how would I know so much about bodybuilding? More than a ‘gym instructor’ like you? Muay Thai boy.
Upset on the internet
laugh.gif
I'm not the one posting paragraph after paragraph of fantasy flames trying to make myself feel better. Isn't it time for you to pretend to work out?
The 'owned by beasty thread, please come in?'
You're so ******* delusional, there's a reason you're the joke of this forum.
laugh.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I was expected a power clean
frown.gif

If I power cleaned 465 @ 185lbs. I'd be in the Olympics.
laugh.gif

The plyo pull/bounce thing is a habit for any pull lift.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
The postworkout window as identified by pretty much any sports nutritionist you can name.

Unless you're going to claim Berardi et al are wrong.

No, I'm saying the idea that something needs to be consumed after the workout is wrong.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No, I'm saying the idea that something needs to be consumed after the workout is wrong.

Then you are disagreeing with Berardi et al.

Do you HAVE to eat something after your workout? No, of course not. Is it optimal for progress and therefore the smart thing to do? Yes.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
No, try keeping your back straight rather than arching it.
It is straight and you're a fool. Deadlift is very anthropometrically dependent and people of different heights and genders will lift differently. There's an optimal joint angle and it's not the same for everyone.
Originally Posted by James Bond
Then you are disagreeing with Berardi et al. Do you HAVE to eat something after your workout? No, of course not. Is it optimal for progress and therefore the smart thing to do? Yes.
If he actually said it had to be after a workout, then he's wrong and dumb. Digestion doesn't stop and start around working out. I don't understand why people think a workout is some kind of isolated entity that changes the body. Everything done -- eating, drinking, ********, walking, etc. engages so many different parts of the body that they all have an effect. When someone starts talking about hard and fast rules for weight loss/gain or strength/speed or what have you they always end up looking like fools because they can't see the forest for the trees. The post-workout window is a timeframe in which in the body recovers. Nutrients in the bloodstream from previous meals can be sufficient and the idea that a person needs to blast their body with protein and such after a workout is just wrong.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

I don't understand why people think a workout is some kind of isolated entity that changes the body. Everything done -- eating, drinking, ********, walking, etc. engages so many different parts of the body that they all have an effect. When someone starts talking about hard and fast rules for weight loss/gain or strength/speed or what have you they always end up looking like fools because they can't see the forest for the trees.

The post-workout window is a timeframe in which in the body recovers. Nutrients in the bloodstream from previous meals can be sufficient and the idea that a person needs to blast their body with protein and such after a workout is just wrong.

But on a more practical terms, it's pretty hard for most to workout aggressively after a heavy meal or any meal for that matter. Given that I'll need cals at some point in the day, post WO seems like a reasonable good time to do take in a fair amount - even if that reason is a psychological reward for my hard work.

Most guys over think the **** out of WO nutrition - blame JB and t-nation - and would see better results if they just worked harder. They don't need fine-tuned nutrition. They just need food.

lefty

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you like milk, then it's fine. The only reason I can think of for choosing whey and water over milk is you just want the protein and no sugars or fats.

I drink a whey + skim milk shake every morning for breakfast, simply because it's easy and I'm never hungry in the morning to actually want to eat enough food with 30 grams of protein.

I agree with why on this, IMO the got to get whey in you within 20 minutes after a workout is bullshit. Unless you are starving yourself before your workout I guess, but who does that?

I'm not against supplements, but I go a different route. I pretty much only take spirulina/chlorella for the chlorophyll, antioxidants, and nutrition, and maca because it energizes me for a workout like nothing I have ever experienced before. I enjoy my morning whey shakes, but I can do without them really.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads