• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whey vs. Milk

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No, it's fundamental nonsense.

While I must say in the past, I was curious about your bases for your weird stance on bodybuilding, after seeing your picture posted here, the truth is clear to me now.

FYI many of the truisms on diet and training stated by me have been espounded by top bodybuilding pros and passed on to their trainees and confirmed in many university tests. So when Dorian says you must do bench presses etc to train your chest, that aint heresy. When Flex advise you to eat eggs, chicken and fish for protein, that aint BS.

So I don't know what on earth you are talking about when you come up with your harebrained theories. I only can see what people like Lee, Ronnie and Dorian achieved compared to you in your picture.

AB01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylar
milk has proven better post-workout than pure whey in several studies. and milk is 20% whey/80% case-in, so there's still some whey in it. the slower protein (case-in) is just more effective

Now we are getting somewhere. Sounds like a tradeoff. Perhaps I should be drinking a little of both post-workout.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
Now we are getting somewhere. Sounds like a tradeoff. Perhaps I should be drinking a little of both post-workout.

The difference is so marginal that's it's entirely insignificant. Worry about your workouts more.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Good god, awful form! Say goodbye to back..

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylar
milk has proven better post-workout than pure whey in several studies. and milk is 20% whey/80% case-in, so there's still some whey in it. the slower protein (case-in) is just more effective

Milk has lower protein level by itself than protein powder.
If you don't think so, just mix , drink and see.
You need to drink gallons of milk in 1 day if you wish to drink 1 to 1.5 times your bodyweight in grams of protein. Hence protein powder is still the way to go.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I was expected a power clean
frown.gif

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
The difference is so marginal that's it's entirely insignificant. Worry about your workouts more.

IT IS NOT MARGINAL!
Just look at the side of the carton of milk and you can see the vast difference in protein level. You just need to mix 100 ml with a few scoops of protein powder and you can up your protein ingested tremendously.

Your grandma ideas border on ridiculousness. There is a difference why Sandow and Arnold look so different. Its called progress. Its called modernization.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I was expecting a power clean
frown.gif

Corrected. Dont they teach you English at the community college you go to?

Kev07

Reaction score
i drink milk instead of whey because
1. i don't want to spend the money on whey
2. ****************
3. i hate whey farts/*****

those 3 reasons to me outweigh the benefits of the extra fast absorbing protein

after a workout i'll usually eat eggs and milk or peanut butter sandwich w/ milk

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Corrected. Dont they teach you English at the community college you go to?

Don't they teach you how to lift weights at the imaginary gym you pretend to lift at?

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Don't they teach you how to lift weights at the imaginary gym you pretend to lift at?

Wow. I can see you are real upset. I don't know why.

I mean I am just trying to be reconciliatory and extend an olive branch to you. I hope you can learn from your incorrect use of grammar so you can improve in future. But for you to snap back on "˜imaginary gym and pretend to lift weights'? That's so uncalled for.

I base my point on your poor command of the English language, which is evident for all to see but what do you base yours on? The fact I did not extend my photos to you? Wow! You are so incoherent and illogical. You blame me because I am smart enough not to be baited by you? Did it occurred to you that if I am a fraud, how would I know so much about bodybuilding? More than a "˜gym instructor' like you? Muay Thai boy.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kev07
i drink milk instead of whey because
1. i don't want to spend the money on whey
2. ****************
3. i hate whey farts/*****

those 3 reasons to me outweigh the benefits of the extra fast absorbing protein

after a workout i'll usually eat eggs and milk or peanut butter sandwich w/ milk

No! My development was stunted when I drank protein powder and ate literally nothing after a workout. This was because the gym closed late and I finished late and by that time, nothing was open. When I started having proper meals, I grew significantly.

It's always crucial to have proper meals after a good workout. Good protein rich meals instead of powder. Eat fish because that's easier to process. Feed the machine I say.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Wow. I can see you are real upset. I don't know why.

I mean I am just trying to be reconciliatory and extend an olive branch to you. I hope you can learn from your incorrect use of grammar so you can improve in future. But for you to snap back on "˜imaginary gym and pretend to lift weights'? That's so uncalled for.

I base my point on your poor command of the English language, which is evident for all to see but what do you base yours on? The fact I did not extend my photos to you? Wow! You are so incoherent and illogical. You blame me because I am smart enough not to be baited by you? Did it occurred to you that if I am a fraud, how would I know so much about bodybuilding? More than a "˜gym instructor' like you? Muay Thai boy.

OMG YO
laugh.gif

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. I clicked the video expecting to see a snatch but all I saw was a jerk.

WRT the OP's question, I just take chocolate milk. I'm sure the whey protein might be of some use to some bodybuilder but after switching to chocolate milk (post workout), I see no difference what so ever. I think too many people are too hung over on the amount and type of protein to take after exercise when carbs are actually more important. The reason for the switch is obviously taste and also cost, since the prices of whey supplements have gone up on average 60% since 2006. SUpplement companies really have a way to brainwash people.

FWIW, some research appear to suggest that the amount of protein needed to satisfy that so called post workout window is only 12-18g , less than 1 scoop of the suggested serving. I think too many people are making splitting hairs over this small issue. Personally, I don't even pay attention to any window nor do I separate drinks to postworkout or pre-workouts, I just sip a little gatorade or chocolate milk throughout my workout and have a meal after that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads