• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarves. Yay or Nay

slappysloopy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al-Wahid
I would respectfully disagree with a few of the previous posts. I think a scarf can add a bit of panache to your wardrobe and give an added air of sophistication. Of course it's all in how you wear it. If the weather isn't that cold try a light scarf and you may be surprised with the results.

I live in the midwest. It was -20 degrees before the windchill today. I have a few scarves and depending on the weather I'll wear a different one if it's appropriate. It's pretty common for a lot of people to have scarves here, and not just people who are fashionable. My biggest pet peeve (disagree if you must) is wearing scarves indoors. Not matter how cute it looks I think it's ridiculous for women to wear scarves inside and on a lot of guys it's even harder. Take of your scarf when you come to my house.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's cold, scarves are highly functional and look great.

I agree that wearing a scarf inside looks a bit meh; if there's nowhere to store it, simply hanging it around the neck, open.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about scarves in tropical weather? Will a thin cotton/linen/silk one suffice?

mert54

Reaction score
How cold is cold enough. The coldest ever is about 42

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Why can't you wear a scarf indoors if you're still cold?

single speed

Reaction score
scarves work year round albeit the material is suiting for the climate. i'd suggest a linen/cotton for warm temps, cashmere for colder.

although i did just recieve a fine knit lightweight cashmere scarf from india....that would work year round depending on how hot/cold you get.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Sofla and I rock my gray linen PBJ scarf when the weather gets chilly..... also getting a pink MofM one soon to add some psychedelia to the mix. For warmer weather just avoid the 100% wool versions.
smile.gif

2sweet

Reaction score
Do what you want. It's not like styleforum members are going to hunt you down and pelt you with stones if you wear a scarf in California.

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
I love scarves, probably one of my favorite things to buy and wear. That said, I do think it looks stupid when people (read: men) wear scarves in a situation where it is completely unnecessary.

nakokoro

Reaction score
If you're cold, go ahead and wear a scarf. Wind chill in Berk makes it feel more like 36 at its coldest.
If you're worried about being flamboyant, don't buy a flamboyant scarf.

centrix

Reaction score
i need one cuz my neck is a pansy

slappysloopy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
Do what you want. It's not like styleforum members are going to hunt you down and pelt you with stones if you wear a scarf in California.

No they're not, but watch your back just in case.

LookSharp

Reaction score
I love scarves but don't possess a wide collection. Even if the weather's not chilly I'll often go for a silk scarf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads