• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden inseam

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
i dont get whats worng with railroad seams, seems like they would hold the jeans better

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Listen, people. It's called a flat felled seam. Train tracks are the fades jeans get from a busted outseam rubbing against the leg. Ya'll are making this place look bad.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Damn straight a whole thread about this! If you don't want to read it then **** off.

Truly an original answer. I can't wait to see how you try to respond to the fact that you started a thread a newbie would be reamed for creating on the simple basis that the dumbfuck hadn't done his homework before making the purchase. For someone so consistently condescending and "know-it-all," you sure did a proper job of making yourself look like a tool.

Hell, even your original post reeks of a prepubescent girl crying at her birthday party about how the Barbie her mom bought her came with strawberry-scented hair instead of vanilla.

Oh, but sure, I don't have to read this thread. Yeah, and while I'm at it I won't slow down the next time I pass by a ten-car pileup on the freeway.
teacha.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Listen, people. It's called a flat felled seam. Train tracks are the fades jeans get from a busted outseam rubbing against the leg. Ya'll are making this place look bad.

THANK YOU!

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Truly an original answer. I can't wait to see how you try to respond to the fact that you started a thread a newbie would be reamed for creating on the simple basis that the dumbfuck hadn't done his homework before making the purchase. For someone so consistently condescending and "know-it-all," you sure did a proper job of making yourself look like a tool.

Hell, even your original post reeks of a prepubescent girl crying at her birthday party about how the Barbie her mom bought her came with strawberry-scented hair instead of vanilla.

Oh, but sure, I don't have to read this thread. Yeah, and while I'm at it I won't slow down the next time I pass by a ten-car pileup on the freeway.
teacha.gif

Quick rundown-->

Why: retort

Whodini: retortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretort

Me: le sigh

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crybaby? I said I like the jeans.

I know it sucks to be such a ***** in real life, but don't bring your problems onto this forum.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the first and third pictures show the cheapest method of sewing seams, they are done in one operation.
the second shows a seam thats takes two operations [costs more].
the most costly method is the flat seam that is pressed open inside four operations costs still more.

you can see that more expensive seam construction by looking at the inside of your dress trousers not your khakis.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
the first and third pictures show the cheapest method of sewing seams, they are done in one operation.
the most costly method is the flat seam that is pressed open inside four operations costs still more.

I was going to say this but wasn't 100% positive, so I held off... until now:

flat felled seams are a sign of crappy jeans. They're everywhere because manufacturers have automagic folders that automate the process. They're not as stong as the serged busted seam that's stitched on top of itself (can't remember what it's called) that's standard on quality jeans. Flat felled seams are avoided on highly loaded items.

Some uber-cheap jeans will use flat-felled seams on the inseam AND outseam.

Hey everybody, guess what? APC uses flat-felled seams.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hehe, yes they do. I noticed that on my grey ones.

And I like how that anti-apc manifesto you hinted at is now arriving in small spurts.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Crybaby? I said I like the jeans.

I know it sucks to be such a ***** in real life, but don't bring your problems onto this forum.

You really do have a problem defending yourself on putdowns, huh? Now say something clever like, "WHOdini? More like BITCHdini."

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
I was going to say this but wasn't 100% positive, so I held off... until now: flat felled seams are a sign of crappy jeans. They're everywhere because manufacturers have automagic folders that automate the process. They're not as stong as the serged busted seam that's stitched on top of itself (can't remember what it's called) that's standard on quality jeans. Flat felled seams are avoided on highly loaded items. Some uber-cheap jeans will use flat-felled seams on the inseam AND outseam. Hey everybody, guess what? APC uses flat-felled seams.
Both those jeans I pictured had retail prices above $280. (Whodini: Seriously, take a hint and get out of this thread. As much fun as it is to be a dick on the Internet, do it in DT or something.)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor

you can see that more expensive seam construction by looking at the inside of your dress trousers not your khakis.

The first and second are the same pair of jeans, as are the third and fourth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads