• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cowboys to dump TO, should the giants...gulp....grab him?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i hate TO but they need a big time receiver desperately. have heard about the possibility of them grabbing fitzgerald, but it's a long shot.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i hate TO but they need a big time receiver desperately. have heard about the possibility of them grabbing fitzgerald, but it's a long shot.

Fitz, or Boldin? Fitz just got signed coming into this year, IIRC.

And hating TO is at least one thing Eagles and Giants fans can agree on.

Edit - to answer your question, yes, as an Eagles fan I absolutely think the Giants should sign him. I'm sure Eli will be able to keep him in check.
devil.gif

bullethead

Reaction score
great receiver, poisonous drama queen.

He would be nothing but trouble. leave him where he is.

$unny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Fitz, or Boldin? Fitz just got signed coming into this year, IIRC.

And hating TO is at least one thing Eagles and Giants fans can agree on.

Edit - to answer your question, yes, as an Eagles fan I absolutely think the Giants should sign him. I'm sure Eli will be able to keep him in check.
devil.gif

i remember eagles fans being so excited when he went to dallas...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Giants should grab Team Obliterator because I don't like the Giants.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
but unlike shockey, he's good and generally plays

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
but unlike shockey, he's good and generally plays

True, he's really good for the first year. After that, he gets bored and starts trouble. The key is to ditch him after the season.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by $unny
i remember eagles fans being so excited when he went to dallas...

The following is my opinion based on watching what went on in Philly:

There is a difference between TO and the Randy Mosses/Ocho Cincos/Plaxico Burresses of the world.

The difference is that TO, from a psychological perspective, is a profoundly fucked up individual.

Unlike these other guys, I have no doubt about TO's desire to win (witness his return to play in the SB with the Eagles). But if any of the rest of those guys came out and said they believed that their QB was having secret meetings with the TE to draw up plays without him, I'd say he was an excuse-making whiny *****. I wouldn't expect that any of them actually believed their own story. With TO, there is very little doubt in my mind that he believed this was actually occurring. He's like the John Nash of the NFL.

The problem with the fact that he really believes this stuff is that it makes it easier for him to convince others that it's true. He had half the Eagles team turned against McNabb, and apparently he's got a large portion of the Dallas defense, along with Williams and Crayton (and possibly Barber), on his side in Dallas. Now Dallas basically has to decide between him and Garrett, and if they get rid of Garrett it's just going to give TO another reason to believe he's right. It doesn't matter who the QB/head coach/offensive coordinator is. Eventually the team will hit a rough spot, and the combination of TO's belief that everyone is out to get him and his belief that nothing that goes wrong is ever his fault will cause him to destroy the locker room.

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bullethead
great receiver, poisonous drama queen.

He would be nothing but trouble. leave him where he is.

Agree re: drama queen. Disagree re: great receiver. He is past his prime and, offhand, I don't think his stats compare to many others in the league. Couple that with his personal issues and I think most teams should avoid him.

Having said that, as an Eagles fan, the Giants picking him up is fine with me - let him be a whining overpaid unperformer on any other NFC East team, for that matter.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a Redskins fan I would love to see TO on the Giants. TO and Eli would be priceless.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at TO's best games this season. They compare favorably to the top games of any receiver in the league. The problem is that TO puts his individual goals above the team's and will complain, then shut down if he doesn't get twenty balls thrown his way during the game. He would not be a good match with a young, sensitive kid like Eli. He might be worth the risk if you've got a tough SOB at QB who doesn't take crap from anybody.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horndog
As a Redskins fan I would love to see TO on the Giants. TO and Eli would be priceless.

I guess karma is cyclical. Who was throwing Michael Westbrook all those touchdown passes??

bc78

Reaction score
As a Giants fan, I'd rather they keep Burress (assuming he gets his legal drama) straightened out. If not then Fitzgerald or Boldin would be fantastic. Definitely not TO though.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bc78
As a Giants fan, I'd rather they keep Burress (assuming he gets his legal drama) straightened out. If not then Fitzgerald or Boldin would be fantastic. Definitely not TO though.

You'd prefer Burress to Fitz or Boldin? I'd take Fitz over any other WR in the league, followed by Andre Johnson, with Boldin not far behind (and well ahead of Burress).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads