• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt final sale fall out.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Gilt - do you know much about the Borrelli field coat I purchased? Does it fit true to size? Is it lined? The page with the info is long gone now...
blush.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Gilt - do you know much about the Borrelli field coat I purchased? Does it fit true to size? Is it lined? The page with the info is long gone now...
blush.gif

What does it matter? You are stuck with it now. You can't return it, you can't get a refund.
devil.gif
lol8[1].gif
rimshot.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GiltGroupe
There is only so much that our tech team can do; but, you can send your comments to the feedback link that is at the top of it.
I did that - and so did bmulford as well
Originally Posted by bmulford
I filled out the survey to make a few suggestions for improvement - only to find it 404'd after hitting the final submit button
plain.gif

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
blush.gif

Description
Washed cotton pocket utility field jacket. Zipper front with snap button hidden placket. Stand up collar, 4 snap button flap pockets. Unvented, interior waistband detailing, snap button cuffs. Total length approximately 33 inches.
Material
Body: 100% Cotton, Sleeve Lining: 100% Cupro

If you bought your suit/jacket size you should be fine. But at $99 you'll make it work!

Originally Posted by gdl203
I did that - and so did bmulford as well

Great, thanks!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Description
Washed cotton pocket utility field jacket. Zipper front with snap button hidden placket. Stand up collar, 4 snap button flap pockets. Unvented, interior waistband detailing, snap button cuffs. Total length approximately 33 inches.
Material
Body: 100% Cotton, Sleeve Lining: 100% Cupro

If you bought your suit/jacket size you should be fine. But at $99 you'll make it work!

worship.gif
Thank you!

Oh and Gilt just shipped the jacket.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Gilt,
i was confused with this final sale, normally when an item is sold out , it is still viewable but with a label "sold out"

but some were shown as sold out and some all just disappeared.

this morning , when i was checking out the sale while driving to work (yes, texting while driving is illegal)
i saw a $5000 borrelli navy pinstripe suit that i immediately had to call Gilt and get it ordered over the phone if i could (yes, talking on phone while driving is illegal)

and the rep said there is no sight of the pinstripe suit. he could not find it. was it sold out? or was it just taken down cancelled? is there a way to reserve it for myself if it ever comes to fruition on sale?

(reason why i didnt mind texting and phoning while driving, if i get a 1000 dolllar ticket for the offense, i still save $3500 on the suit !!!!)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Gilt,
i was confused with this final sale, normally when an item is sold out , it is still viewable but with a label "sold out"

but some were shown as sold out and some all just disappeared.

this morning , when i was checking out the sale while driving to work (yes, texting while driving is illegal)
i saw a $5000 borrelli navy pinstripe suit that i immediately had to call Gilt and get it ordered over the phone if i could (yes, talking on phone while driving is illegal)

and the rep said there is no sight of the pinstripe suit. he could not find it. was it sold out? or was it just taken down cancelled? is there a way to reserve it for myself if it ever comes to fruition on sale?

(reason why i didnt mind texting and phoning while driving, if i get a 1000 dolllar ticket for the offense, i still save $3500 on the suit !!!!)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Some items totally disappear when it's just in a single color and then a few if the multiple colors are tied to the same style will show up as sold out. When that suit sold out it disappeared from the sale.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Some items totally disappear when it's just in a single color and then a few if the multiple colors are tied to the same style will show up as sold out. When that suit sold out it disappeared from the sale.

that is crazy. i had the site up exactly at 9AM pacific, and went straight to the Borrelli and it was the first item listed the suit. and then i called right that second.

meaning the suit in all sizes sold out in the first 60 seconds??

omigod

at least i got the shearling suede coat. i cant believe it.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a marketing stand point it would seem wise to leave the posts up so people can see what could have been and be more zealous next time.

nauticagmo

Reaction score
Was able to pick up a HF Deerskin coat, and a Borreli wind breaker. Hope they fit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads