• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earnest Sewn

Andy

Reaction score
They're 36 inches. Hopefully they don't shrink that much on the length because I already had them hemmed to about a 33 or 34. I guess I'll have to try and strectch them out when they are wet after I wash them.

svilian

Reaction score
Hello to everyone

Anyone here famliar with earnest sewn models. I just got by the mail earnest sewn fulton jeans, I am looking for straight leg models, this one fits me nice, but the leg is slighly slim for my taste, I don´t think is a true staright leg cut, but a little slim fit.

I am wondering about the syd model (vintage straight leg) and the hemingway model (full leg, I don´t really understand waht this means) any experience with this two models

Best regards

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I believe Hemingway is the most relaxed of the Earnest Sewn cuts, so it's something that may not suit your needs.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svilian
Hello to everyone

Anyone here famliar with earnest sewn models. I just got by the mail earnest sewn fulton jeans, I am looking for straight leg models, this one fits me nice, but the leg is slighly slim for my taste, I don´t think is a true staright leg cut, but a little slim fit.

I am wondering about the syd model (vintage straight leg) and the hemingway model (full leg, I don´t really understand waht this means) any experience with this two models

Best regards

Yeah I got one of the fulton. I think there a bit slim straight fit.

svilian

Reaction score
Hi, do you think the upper thigh is very wide?. It has that appearing to me, I not sure if theis model has something wrong, my upper tight is 32 is 12.3 inches

best regards

Does anyone have the fulton model

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Why cant's ES customer service answer these questions? When I e-mailed them to ask for measurements they didn't bother with a reply. Keep bugging these manufacturers for measurements! When you sell something here or on ebay everyone asks for measurements. ES has a nice website where they sell their jeans directly - why can't they post measurements for their own product?

So I called the Malibu store asking for measurements and they gave me the fit basics of the Fulton, Hutch, Hemingway etc. This means nothing to me, I want measurements. They said "Well if if doesn't work you can just return it, but we can't give you measurements."

**** off ES!

cristeza

Reaction score
What cut and size do you need measurements for? My experience with ES fultons is that they fit very true to size. Their one wash and raw models I typically size down one.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cristeza
What cut and size do you need measurements for? My experience with ES fultons is that they fit very true to size. Their one wash and raw models I typically size down one.

Not sure if this question is meant for me or the OP. I don't need their measurements anymore as I'm good to go now with J Crew jeans. And by the way J Crew provides measurements if you call them so I'm not sure why small brand designers can't - especially if all they sell is jeans how hard can it be?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I just heard Scott Morrison, founder/designer, has left the company?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine it being a financial issue, was a reason given?

I've always been a huge fan of ES...

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I just heard Scott Morrison, founder/designer, has left the company?

Eleanor Ylvisaker (the other founder) too.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Eleanor Ylvisaker (the other founder) too.

Yes she is who sent the email.

KenN

Reaction score
I am assuming that while the founders will depart, Earnest Sewn will still stand.
The direction of the company will now be guided by someone else, and I wish them well.

chowchow

Reaction score
i have a pair of hutch from bluefly
the cut is awesome and works particularly well if you are slim (like me)
IMO, the best cut jeans in the $100 to $200 price range

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned 2 pair of ES Fultons/Filsons, wanted to love them, they never worked for me, never looked right. Sold them on ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads