• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Car Detailing

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I would politely suggest shelving the Megs products and using Z-PC. Megs is not as fine a quality product line, especially weak in polishes. I only use Menzerna and Zaino for polishing. #105 is probably more aggressive than you need anyway.

OH I also added mud flaps front and rear to the car. The back I didn't really need but the front with the stick race tires is throwing so much **** on the car and if you get down below the door it's covered with small chips.

I tried other polishes but nothing is cutting down the micro scratches that as near as I can tell came that way from the factory.

I'll start slow with the 105 and see how it goes.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
OH I also added mud flaps front and rear to the car. The back I didn't really need but the front with the stick race tires is throwing so much **** on the car and if you get down below the door it's covered with small chips.

I tried other polishes but nothing is cutting down the micro scratches that as near as I can tell came that way from the factory.

I'll start slow with the 105 and see how it goes.

Could be a pad/polisher issue. Did you try a cutting pad from Lake Country Manufacturing? If you are using a PC then go to "6" and gently lean into it.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Could be a pad/polisher issue. Did you try a cutting pad from Lake Country Manufacturing? If you are using a PC then go to "6" and gently lean into it.

I used an orange pad but got groits polish which is fine for classic cars without a clear coat but didn't work at all here. It was my first time using a poisher so I went with really mild polish and worked my way up and still it was to mild.

Even though Zaino says polish I always thought it was a sealant. They are kind of confusing in the way they word things.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Doesn't compare in the sense that it's probably faster around a road course and would have a chance at completing an afternoon of hard of laps without breaking? LOL The italian cars look and sound cool but the E46 is an awesome performer and looks very cool too, especially in your configuration.
smile.gif

I think you're setting me up to be schooled....
smile.gif

I'm thinking of a Vantage as the replacement...maybe you'll let me be seen in public with you then.

Originally Posted by pscolari
Vox - Do you live in The People's Republic?

Yes...that shot is across the street from Dante, I from the last day the patio was open this past fall.

- B

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
vox def from rf

you order the bumper prepainted?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I think you're setting me up to be schooled....
smile.gif

I'm thinking of a Vantage as the replacement...maybe you'll let me be seen in public with you then.

Vantage is awesome, I've been very tempted by that one too. And I don't know why you insinuate that I'm some kind of car snob, I owned a Boxster at one time for crissakes. LOL

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Vantage is awesome, I've been very tempted by that one too. And I don't know why you insinuate that I'm some kind of car snob, I owned a Boxster at one time for crissakes. LOL

I love the Vantage. I would never buy one buy have gotten the chance to drive one on occasion. First time behind the wheel I just said "Oh MY GOD" and I haven't even started it yet. Performance is pretty good. But the beauty and craftsmanship is the best I have ever scene.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I used an orange pad but got groits polish which is fine for classic cars without a clear coat but didn't work at all here. It was my first time using a poisher so I went with really mild polish and worked my way up and still it was to mild.

Even though Zaino says polish I always thought it was a sealant. They are kind of confusing in the way they word things.

They call it "Show Car Polish" but their actual true polish is the best I have used. Griot's stuff is just mediocre. I like his accessories however. He tends to be pricey.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Vantage. I would never buy one buy have gotten the chance to drive one on occasion. First time behind the wheel I just said "Oh MY GOD" and I haven't even started it yet. Performance is pretty good. But the beauty and craftsmanship is the best I have ever scene.

Yes, the car definitely has presence inside and out. And the SOUND! Amazing.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to go wash my car with the kit I ordered. When do I use the spray on detailer?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This picture was taken off the side of my Black GS, after some serious elbow grease. Sadly, the name of the product escapes me but as soon as I go out to my car I'll post again. It's a polish that you use in combination with wax, it makes a black car look incredible.
044-1.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
This picture was taken off the side of my Black GS, after some serious elbow grease. Sadly, the name of the product escapes me but as soon as I go out to my car I'll post again. It's a polish that you use in combination with wax, it makes a black car look incredible.
044-1.jpg

Wow! Do you also have a pic of the car after it was detailed?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just detailed my car and my girlfriend's. The stuff from detailersparadise.com seems pretty good. My car went from a dusty, dull gray to like new. It doesn't look as pro as AF and Suited's job but maybe I'll take a pic. The Subaru paint is pretty crappy I've been reading. It is already starting to orange peel, but for a daily driver, I think it looks nice still. Way better than before.

I need a rotary buffer. I only had the time and patience to wax the parts most susceptible to bird poop and grime.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Wow! Do you also have a pic of the car after it was detailed?
No, It started pouring down rain about an hour after I did that job, and was forced to drive in the it. I think there was a 10% chance of rain that day. To wax and polish a car takes about 3 if you work fast. I probably spent about 5 on it that day. I was visiting my parents, unfortunately I don't have anywhere to do that kind of detail where I live. There are a ton of good polishes out there right now. My uncle collects classic cars and he recommended some to me. I'll have to ask him again and get the names.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
There are a ton of good polishes out there right now. My uncle collects classic cars and he recommended some to me. I'll have to ask him again and get the names.
Yes, the names would be appreciated. I need to get ready for spring detailing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads