• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Is there any sort of factual information behind this rumor?
Not saying it isn't true.. but i sort of find it hard to believe from what i know about BoO..

Trying to pin it down for certain; but, I know two accounts got some sort of letter talking about it.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Is there any sort of factual information behind this rumor? Not saying it isn't true.. but i sort of find it hard to believe from what i know about BoO..
I'm sure a somewhat wealthy dude of arabic descent will quote you and sarcastically say something about trusting SoCal because he's all-knowing fashion jesus. EDIT oh my goddamn it happened while i was typing that hahahahaha

Al-Wahid

Reaction score
I'm not saying that this rumor has no basis. However anecdotal evidence would suggest that BoO has been and continues to be reasonably popular and seems to sell fairly well. If it is true it might have to do with their cost structure or perhaps they were too leveraged to remain solvent with the drop in sales across the board. Moreover, why would they just release their preview for their spring line if they were intending to close? That doesn't seem too logical.

tatet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Interesting. I almost feel a bit of smugness about it - given the idiotically high and greedy prices they charged. Also, those color palettes were sometimes a bit unfortunate. Ketchup and mustard? Please. For that matter, I hope much more of the high end fashion market feels some pinching. A.P.C. should be next on that list for their stupidly high margins on very pretty but overpriced clothes cutting into an ability to sell volume.

you must be forgetting about their denim... no matter what their seasonal clothes are, people will always be buying their jeans.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here knows anything about BoO besides what's worn.

There's lots of reasons for bigger businesses to close. It's not as simple as a lemonade stand.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^^ exactly. who would have thought the Big 3 auto makers would be so close to shutting down if not for a govt bailout. sure seemed like a lot of people were buying Fords and Chevys....or were they?

anyways, how many here buy BoO at retail? probably not many. and if everyone's waiting for 50% sales then the brand isnt going to do well in the long run despite their seeming popularity

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm still doubting this rumor. They supposedly kill in japan and are fairly popular here. Eh...

Ask Mauro :p

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean when over 7% of the population is unemployed, there's no room for $270 button-up shirts?

I DON'T BELIEVE IT.

I like Band of Outsiders a lot. I own one shirt that I bought for $50. Yes, I've considered their other stuff. But the pricepoint on that stuff is out of your ******* mind. If you handed a Band of Outsiders with the label off to 99% of the American population and said "this costs more than an iPhone" they'd think you're a ******* lunatic.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jskidder
when i hear people ***** about BoO i usually assume one or both of the following are true:

1. they can't afford it
2. they are too fat to fit into it

Or 3. too tall to fit into it

;_;

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics