• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
She fit very well with the aesthetic though...

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yah she looked amazing at their last presentation.

She did look good but I think Michelle Williams with short hair the previous year was better.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Interesting. I almost feel a bit of smugness about it - given the idiotically high and greedy prices they charged. Also, those color palettes were sometimes a bit unfortunate. Ketchup and mustard? Please. For that matter, I hope much more of the high end fashion market feels some pinching. A.P.C. should be next on that list for their stupidly high margins on very pretty but overpriced clothes cutting into an ability to sell volume.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apc's denim should help to keep them afloat for a while.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hehe, you realized I just posted that to fit in my lame-ass pun, right?

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, first time through i skipped your post, but you win...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obedient Sons and potentially Band of Outsiders. That's unfortunate.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Interesting. I almost feel a bit of smugness about it - given the idiotically high and greedy prices they charged.
If they're greedy and overcharging wouldn't that mean they have a lot of money from overcharging people? And if they have a lot of money wouldn't that mean they wouldn't be going under right now? Is your idea of how buisness works like a scene where the BoO dude was just laughing holding a big sack with a dollar sign on it full of money and then he tried to put too much money in it and his own greed came back to haunt him when the buttons on his moneybag fell off and it all spilled out and he went "Damn I Guess I Learned My Lesson."

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
She did look good but I think Michelle Williams with short hair the previous year was better.

+1 for Michelle Williams

Kirsten Dunst looked like a clown in those videos though.

GY!BE

Reaction score
Is your idea of how buisness works like a scene where the BoO dude was just laughing holding a big sack with a dollar sign on it full of money and then he tried to put too much money in it and his own greed came back to haunt him when the buttons on his moneybag fell off and it all spilled out and he went "Damn I Guess I Learned My Lesson."[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA Man its pretty hard to make someone cry laughing at written words on a screen... But you did it

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
If they're greedy and overcharging wouldn't that mean they have a lot of money from overcharging people? And if they have a lot of money wouldn't that mean they wouldn't be going under right now?

Is your idea of how buisness works like a scene where the BoO dude was just laughing holding a big sack with a dollar sign on it full of money and then he tried to put too much money in it and his own greed came back to haunt him when the buttons on his moneybag fell off and it all spilled out and he went "Damn I Guess I Learned My Lesson."

I think he's implying that the high prices caused people to not buy very often. Then again, if more people bought, prices may have come down, etc.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I think he's implying that the high prices caused people to not buy very often. Then again, if more people bought, prices may have come down, etc.

Yeah thats all a valid point I just felt the dude was bein a jerk mocking the dead and all too often people complain about the price of clothing without really knowing how much it costs to run a fashion line but more importantly I needed an excuse to make my moneybags joke

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk

But if demand were higher the price would rise, that is my take on supply/demand anyhow.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any sort of factual information behind this rumor?
Not saying it isn't true.. but i sort of find it hard to believe from what i know about BoO..

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Is there any sort of factual information behind this rumor?
Not saying it isn't true.. but i sort of find it hard to believe from what i know about BoO..

fashion jesus only speaks of facts, not rumors

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads