• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Ispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
While this is true, I don't really get what you are trying to say. This is a streetwear thread so I assume everything posted was in that context. Also, while I think most Paul Smith's wouldn't look great with workwear, they would look better in that environment than most other boots posted here.

Just wondering what you consider clunky and awkward I guess? If you're referencing the Doc Martin army, then I'd agree with you. The LL Bean Engineer boots a while back then not so much.

Ya get me?

Brigden

Reaction score
Purchased at Galaries Lafayette in Paris. Worn about one hundred times.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Augusta brown lace up boots ]
palp3.jpg

changeofpace

Reaction score
I need some relatively cheap boots, and I'm not a huge fan of RedWing. Any other suggestions?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You didn't even tell us what the hell kind of boot you are looking for... work boot? hiking boot? snowboarding boot? dress boot? etc. Plus your spending limit and what you'd be wearing them with are needed (a work boot which may look good with jeans might look atrocious with a suit, for example)

aaguirre

Reaction score
^ probably a workboot. this is the streetwear forum. what we need to know is how much he's willing to spend..

tuba74

Reaction score
I didnt see any postings of mark nason shoes/boots. whats everyone's take on this style vs. the boots that have been posted already? im torn between the classic look and trendy.

tuba74

Reaction score
crosswound-
i like them but I feel like they might look too clunky similar to the early 90's doc martens trend. stupid question- what kind of pants you wear with them?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tuba74
I didnt see any postings of mark nason shoes/boots. whats everyone's take on this style vs. the boots that have been posted already? im torn between the classic look and trendy.

Mark Nason produces, imo, the ugliest shoes and boots in the entire world, bar none. I really don't know if I've ever seen shoes/boots I despise as much as some of Mark Nason's creations. I think his general idea for boot making is similar to Christian Audigier shirt making, which is to basically put as much stupid, useless, over-the-top **** on an item as possible. The square toe, horrible distressing, crosses everywhere turn me off completely. That is pretty much everything I do NOT want in a shoe, all combined in one.

Quality wise, I have no idea.

Buy them if you like them, as you are the one who has to wear them, I'm just saying, you would never catch me in a pair.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it depends on the hem or how much stacking you got on the bottom. it doesn't look chunky at all to me either my denim's hem covers most of or the stacking at the bottom hides it.

edit: i just notice it only looks really chunky from the side when i wear them unless my hem is covering it.

UserName84

Reaction score
I posted this in the APC thread but maybe you guys can help out..

Does anyone know where I can buy APC boots online? Size 45? the official website lists them as sold out.

Or something in a similar look

changeofpace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaguirre
^ probably a workboot. this is the streetwear forum. what we need to know is how much he's willing to spend..

Probably ~$300

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ispy
Just wondering what you consider clunky and awkward I guess? If you're referencing the Doc Martin army, then I'd agree with you. The LL Bean Engineer boots a while back then not so much.

Ya get me?

I'd like to know if these are chunky and awkward by his standards as well.

My recent pick up,

DSC_0394rez2.jpg

old pic of my Grensons,
DSC_0059rez.jpg

I also wear Red Wing 1907s which I know are kind of chunky and RW 1909s and Alden 405s which I think are not as much. But if I'm wearing a boot I prefer it have some substance. I don't care for PS for the very same reason Kaiser probably likes them; I find they're too dramatically sleek for my tastes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads