• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dealing with uncommunicative seller: tact?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
On January 8th (Thursday) I paid for an item for sale on this forum. On January 9th I contacted the seller and asked when he'd be able to ship it. He told me that he would ship it on January 10th (Saturday). It is now Monday, and I have yet to get a tracking number or any sort of update. Google Checkout also shows that the item is "Not Yet Shipped". What makes this especially annoying is that I said I needed the item by this Friday for an event, and a Saturday shipping date (as promised) would have been a nice guarantee of that.

What are my steps now? Should I send yet another PM?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would expect that he probably shipped it on the 10th but just didn't update the Google checkout thing. I would've sent him one more PM asking him to confirm whether it had shipped before making this thread...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I would expect that he probably shipped it on the 10th but just didn't update the Google checkout thing. I would've sent him one more PM asking him to confirm whether it had shipped before making this thread...

I did that. I sent a PM either late Saturday or Sunday asking him to send me the tracking number when the item is shipped.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He probably cheaped out and didn't buy delivery confirmation and/or did not ship it until this morning.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
He probably cheaped out and didn't buy delivery confirmation and/or did not ship it until this morning.

Ugh.

So would it be terrible of me to send yet another PM?

I don't get it. I'll be shipping out two items today. As soon as I'm back in the office, I'll send tracking info to the people who bought them. How hard is this to do?!

sloane3

Reaction score
Mr. Moo, I'm sorry but I can't check styleforum everyday.

Rest assured your XS penis pump was shipped Saturday.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sloane3

Well played.

devil.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sloane3

Good man. Problem resolved.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're dealing with a well-known, well-regarded seller from SF, don't worry about it. The delay is probably just some small oversight or snafu.

If the seller isn't well known as a good seller, send a friendly pm or email later today.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely ask or send a confirmation number. But up here in Canada stuff takes so long to get here it's like christmas when it arrives...as we speak I'm waiting for a package from Ed but I know one day soon its gonna show...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
If you're dealing with a well-known, well-regarded seller from SF, don't worry about it. The delay is probably just some small oversight or snafu.

If the seller isn't well known as a good seller, send a friendly pm or email later today.

Sounds like good advice, thanks.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
I rarely ask or send a confirmation number. But up here in Canada stuff takes so long to get here it's like christmas when it arrives...as we speak I'm waiting for a package from Ed but I know one day soon its gonna show...

Ed's package is overrated.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

So is spaghetti but people still order it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So is spaghetti but people still order it.

Ed likes spaghetti, I hear.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
....as we speak I'm waiting for a package from Ed but I know one day soon its gonna show...

uhoh.gif

It's the Cole Haan Trafton of packages

Ed likes spaghetti, I hear.

The bowl is more important than the pasta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads