• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...wait... people actually gawk at Clay Aiken?
confused.gif

samurai

Reaction score
At the supermarket I frequent in West L.A. -

A very tall, glam young woman walks past me in the cold food aisle. She is wearing slacks, some kind of elegant windbreaker and sun glasses, a silk scarf tied over her hair and under her chin. A minute later one of the guys who works there whisered to me that she was Angelina Jolie.

On other occasions at the same market, Walter Matthau, Dom De Louise.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
...wait... people actually gawk at Clay Aiken?
confused.gif

This morning I had breakfast near Chris Cooper which warranted a quick glance then I went back to my paper, but Clay freakin' Aiken falls into the gawk at category.

Not sure why that is.

lefty

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
I saw Ron Jeremy a few years back while waiting for an early morning flight at either JFK or La Guardia airport. I was sitting across from him and noticed who it was, then gave him one of those "wait, I know who you are" looks. He forced a smile and gave me the "yeah, I'm him" look. I got the feeling he wanted to be left alone.

Also saw Vanessa Minnillo at a Starbucks in Upper East Side. She was standing beside me at the sugar/half&half counter and asked me if I could pass her the sugar. It didn't even occur to me who it was until I looked up as I was handing it to her. She looks even better in person.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw Jake Gylenhall and The coach for the New England patriots at the Stop n'Shop on Nantucket.

jesask

Reaction score
I met Chuck Liddell in a mall. He asked me if i knew where the barber shop was?

level32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
I saw Ron Jeremy a few years back while waiting for an early morning flight at either JFK or La Guardia airport. I was sitting across from him and noticed who it was, then gave him one of those "wait, I know who you are" looks. He forced a smile and gave me the "yeah, I'm him" look. I got the feeling he wanted to be left alone.

Also saw Vanessa Minnillo at a Starbucks in Upper East Side. She was standing beside me at the sugar/half&half counter and asked me if I could pass her the sugar. It didn't even occur to me who it was until I looked up as I was handing it to her. She looks even better in person.

Ron Jeremy must travel a lot because I was right behind him at the security line in the Pittsburgh airport two years ago. The security guard asked if it was him and he nodded.

I got to see Vanessa Minnillo but it was kinda expected since I was walking by the TRL around 5 years ago by times square. Bought a disposable and got a pic with her.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Talked with Jens Pulver for about 2 minutes tonight at the fight. There is a Pulver v Faber 2 coming up soon, and he promised to knock Faber out this time.
smile.gif

Nice guy.

Maybe Faber won't try to kick him in the balls this time.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^ Is this the MMA deal you were going to with the hottie?

Yeah... went pretty well for first time out. Had a nice talk, she baked me cookies. She goes to bed early though, so we parted ways after the fight. I wandered a bit and dropped $15 on some games. Caught up with some people from HS, and then came home.

We'll see what happens.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^cool. Best wishes Slim.
Thanks, but I think she's way too into healthy living and stuff for anything serious to happen. I mean, this is me.
smile.gif
I don't mind the company though. And I'm not ruling anything out. I'll go wherever the flow takes me. I'm like a leaf on the wind, and all that crap.

manouche

Reaction score
I met Amanda Lear at the Queen, 10 years ago.

I saw Lova Moore, 4 years ago in Paris.

I saw BÃ
00a9.png
atrice Dalles, she went out of a taxi to buy some news papers in a shop

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samurai
At the supermarket I frequent in West L.A. -

A very tall, glam young woman walks past me in the cold food aisle. She is wearing slacks, some kind of elegant windbreaker and sun glasses, a silk scarf tied over her hair and under her chin. A minute later one of the guys who works there whisered to me that she was Angelina Jolie.

On other occasions at the same market, Walter Matthau, Dom De Louise.

Back in the late '90s, I was supposed to meet a friend at Paddy Maguires (dumpy neighborhood bar up the block on 3rd Ave) but didn't make it. The next day he called to tell me Brangelina (although they weren't called that then) had been there all night playing pool and making out. Boom next day it's in the press and THE relationship of the millenium was in full swing....

Originally Posted by mrmike98
Meeting Johnny Cash in a Nathan's in Manhattan back in 1976.

thumbs-up.gif
Nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads