• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How is my Burberry trench fit?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
I agree shorter is trendy, but I don't like the trend. Trench coats should be at least knee length.
They are certainly more functional if longer.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reac99
Hmm I do own a trench, although no Burberry. Personally I think your seems too big in the body. Not everyone is out to get the same look though, but I myself wanted a slimmer one when I scouted for my trench.

Yea, I'm also a fan of slimmer fitting jackets. I'm in the process of deciding if I should just Ebay it or keep it. I will most likely just take it to a tailor and ask him if he can slim it down for me, because I do like it.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Other than the length (below knee), which is not what is trendy right now (at most knee length if not shorter), the jacket fits you pretty well.

A true trench is supposed to be worn over another jacket.

Mine is a bit below the knee and the fact that I have a decent walk from where I park to my office I like that extra length when it's windy and cold.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've never seen a burberry plaid check like that...look at the red part, especially. you sure this is authentic?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
i've never seen a burberry plaid check like that...look at the red part, especially. you sure this is authentic?

Wondered the same thing.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
Originally Posted by why
Wondered the same thing.
That would be rich.
Burberry_check_pattern.png
p1110715fw7.jpg

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
That would be rich.

Burberry_check_pattern.png

p1110715fw7.jpg

I saw a lot of different variations at least in their scarves, but if it was a fake that would be kind of funny
laugh.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
I saw a lot of different variations at least in their scarves, but if it was a fake that would be kind of funny
laugh.gif

Yeah, especially because I have a feeling the only reason you bought it was because you thought it was a Burberry jacket.

The variations in their scarves is generally exploded/classic/nova check. Your jacket lining is none of those...and it even looks incredibly cheap.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Yeah, especially because I have a feeling the only reason you bought it was because you thought it was a Burberry jacket.

The variations in their scarves is generally exploded/classic/nova check. Your jacket lining is none of those...and it even looks incredibly cheap.

Not really, I like the look and the feel as well. But if it is a fake than it's just a trench coat that looks like Burberry that I got for $10
smile.gif
I'm sure i can find use for it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really, I like the look and the feel as well. But if it is a fake than it's just a trench coat that looks like Burberry that I got for $10
smile.gif
I'm sure i can find use for it.

Damn, where at? I could use some nice waterproof potholders.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
a true trench coat has a straight sided body. the only shape is when the belt is pulled in at the waist. the gathering that occurs under the belt are a part of the style.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

I saw two trench coats like that over the w/e. Nice zip in warmers like the Burberry but no tags. Only tag said Made in Poland.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads