• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rude Sales People

TowleY

Reaction score
So I was in Florida for the week. My friends and I walk into a Christian Audigier store. My friend is looking for a specific shirt. They have a whole wall, with cubbies filled with shirts. My friend asks for the shirt and the lady starts bitching on and on about it. Some of the things that she said were.

"Oh that shirt was stopped about 750 seasons ago"
"You have no chance of finding that shirt"
"If you actually do have a chance of finding that shirt chances are that it will be a fake"
"Go look on ebay"

My friend starts to leave the store, and me and my friend turn around and started to curse her out, how pissed off we were about this. Disrespectful people.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well- if you hang out in this forum... that all should have sounded familiar.

laugh.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
So I was in Florida for the week. My friends and I walk into a Christian Audigier store. My friend is looking for a specific shirt. They have a whole wall, with cubbies filled with shirts. My friend asks for the shirt and the lady starts bitching on and on about it. Some of the things that she said were.

"Oh that shirt was stopped about 750 seasons ago"
"You have no chance of finding that shirt"
"If you actually do have a chance of finding that shirt chances are that it will be a fake"
"Go look on ebay"

My friend starts to leave the store, and me and my friend turn around and started to curse her out, how pissed off we were about this. Disrespectful people.

What are you doing in a Christian Audigier store to begin with?

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
What are you doing in a Christian Audigier store to begin with?

friend wanted the pot leaf t shirt from them.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted the pot leaf t shirt from them.

Fixed.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure why I want to know, but how did she respond to the two of you cursing her out at the end of the episode?

Taxler

Reaction score
None of the things you mention sound like "bitching on-and- on", and they certainly don't justify an outburst of cursing. At the very least, you should go back and apologize.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was in Florida for the week. My friends and I walk into a Christian Audigier store. My friend is looking for a specific shirt. They have a whole wall, with cubbies filled with shirts. My friend asks for the shirt and the lady starts bitching on and on about it. Some of the things that she said were. "Oh that shirt was stopped about 750 seasons ago" "You have no chance of finding that shirt" "If you actually do have a chance of finding that shirt chances are that it will be a fake" "Go look on ebay" My friend starts to leave the store, and me and my friend turn around and started to curse her out, how pissed off we were about this. Disrespectful people.
Sounds like she had you two pegged from the start...

Catechumen

Reaction score

Even if she did treat you rudely, your moronic/juvenile response probably only confirmed her first impression of you. You did nothing but prove you were the dirtbags she probably thought you were. Good job.

DoubleDomer

Reaction score
It's too bad that high-end boutiques don't use secret shoppers ... or dooooooo they?

AJR Journal

Reaction score
A well-styled man has no need to be rude, even in response to rudeness. A thick skin, a delayed/well thought response, and a sense of humor all go a long way to make life more livable. Disregarding her remarks is certainly in order, flying right over them. Pleasantness is not weakness.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really see where she was rude. Seems like she just gave you a bunch of answers that you didnt want to hear. Then your response to it was rediculous and PATHETIC.

reason_being

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DoubleDomer
It's too bad that high-end boutiques don't use secret shoppers ... or dooooooo they?

I would gladly do some secret shopping for them.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Sounds like she had you two pegged from the start...

+1

not sure the context of any of those quotes, so its tough to get an idea of what happened.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone wear a "pot leaf t-shirt" anyways? To show everyone how rad you are for smoking reefer??

dl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads