• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experince with returning clothing to a APC store

tab3076

Reaction score
I bought some APC NS a few days ago at the store APC in West Hollywood. With-in an hour the jeans ripped straight along the inseam while taking them off. I didn't pull the hard at all - what are my chances of getting a new pair? If not, how would I get them fixed?

hamish5178

Reaction score
They should definitely replace those, how much did you size down?

The outseam on mine came apart after a week or so, but only for about .5" so I just sewed it myself. The inseam is much sturdier though, I can't believe it ripped.

tab3076

Reaction score
Three (My waist is 32" and the jeans are 31") it came apart from the bottom up.

I really hope they'll replace them or something.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tab3076
Three (My waist is 32" and the jeans are 31") it came apart from the bottom up.

I really hope they'll replace them or something.

You mean the rip started at the hem?

That's just silly, especially for only sizing down 1, if they don't exchange them I'd be pissed.

tab3076

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
You mean the rip started at the hem?

That's just silly, especially for only sizing down 1, if they don't exchange them I'd be pissed.

Well, the vanity size is 29 but if you get a measuring tape it's 31"

Yea, I guess they tore from the hem. I'm just hoping they'll exchange them or it's a lot of wasted time traveling down to west hollywood.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, were they extremely tight in the lower leg?

They should replace them if they tore like that within an hour. You can always call them and explain the situation. And if they don't want to exchange them, try and talk to managers and what not until you get it resolved.

tab3076

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Out of curiosity, were they extremely tight in the lower leg? They should replace them if they tore like that within an hour. You can always call them and explain the situation. And if they don't want to exchange them, try and talk to managers and what not until you get it resolved.
No, they weren't that tight. I could button all the buttons with a little bit of effort I couldn't even button the next size down. I'm in LA for a few days and the drive down there is 2 hours... so it's kinda complicated. I'll call them before I go down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads