• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RIP Good Taste.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
It makes me wonder if, forty years from now, preservationists will lament the razing of "classic" turn-of-the-millenium Tuscanesque villas and faux-Georgian McMansions.

I don't think they'll really think anything of those, just as many preservationists now seem to simply overlook 1930s Tudors and historic late 19th-early 20th century farmhouses.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
It makes me wonder if, forty years from now, preservationists will lament the razing of "classic" turn-of-the-millenium Tuscanesque villas and faux-Georgian McMansions.
Also, there is a distinct difference between a clearly novel thread of architecture, and a 'attempt at homage/recreation' type deal.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
apparently there's a town in ohio where most of the municipal buildings were designed by saarinen at the request of the town benefactor. the po, the church, the dmv. i may finally have a reason to go to ohio.

I smell a kunk/dusty/conne meetup

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was truly tragic. Honestly, I could not watch the entire video.

It's not just the end of "good taste" it signifies corruption (or at least undue influence), short sightedness, and a lack of communal outrage at stupidity and the destruction of historically significant works.

The people who propose and approve such acts should be deeply ashamed and the house should have been purchased by someone interested in a historical rennovation rather than a historically idiotic destruction.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stranger things have happened.

Originally Posted by dusty

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
bounce2.gif
I will challenge kunk to a benching competition.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
more like it.

Originally Posted by Connemara
bounce2.gif

I will challenge kunk to a belching competition.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Gimme a gallon of Diet Coke and I'll take you to town.

Diet coke? Are you a ******* midwestern housewife?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Diet coke? Are you a ******* midwestern housewife?
You got a problem with Diet Coke motherfucker? To be honest I've grown tired of it. And soda in general.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diet Dr. Pepper from McDonald's is amazing. It's pretty much the only place that carries it at as a fountain drink, too.

Egg McMuffin with Diet Dr. Pepper is my go to. Sometimes I get their ice cream cones too.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want an Egg McMuffin all of a sudden. Thanks why.
plain.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soda is disgusting. It's horrible for you and I think people only like it because they get used to that burning sensation when they drink it.

I gave it up about 10 years ago (and I used to drink it a lot), but now it actually like burns my throat. I do sometimes have a nice glass of coke, and that's enjoyable in small amounts, but as far as chugging it.... ew.

You know Conne, for an elitist, almost all of your taste in food is extremely blue collar. In fact, more along the lines of trailer park.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Soda is disgusting. It's horrible for you and I think people only like it because they get used to that burning sensation when they drink it. I gave it up about 10 years ago (and I used to drink it a lot), but now it actually like burns my throat. I do sometimes have a nice glass of coke, and that's enjoyable in small amounts, but as far as chugging it.... ew. You know Conne, for an elitist, almost all of your taste in food is extremely blue collar. In fact, more along the lines of trailer park.
I am a man for all seasons. I'll take my McMuffin with a side of seared foie gras please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads