• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inf

Reaction score
New poster here, I ordered a pair of black Blaxland Craftsman boots from ABH a week ago (they shipped the same day). I've been crossing my fingers that they show up sometime soon.

I paid a little extra for the "Express Post" shipping option, and they've yet to even show up on the Aust Post international tracking site. According to ABH, it won't be trackable until it hits US soil, but still nothing.

I would think it would have reached LA and customs at least by now, considering the site claimed this shipping method should take 4-6 days to a US recipient.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fired off an e-mail about the Style Forum special but I just realized that this thread was start in 2006 so I have no idea if the option is even viable anymore.

Inf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Fired off an e-mail about the Style Forum special but I just realized that this thread was start in 2006 so I have no idea if the option is even viable anymore.

I think it should be, as the style forum model is just a made-to-order boot. As far as cost goes, let us know what Steve says is the current going price.

nash

Reaction score
I've read through the first post, but I'm mixed up about the sizing. Sator gives the example: AE PA 8D -> RMW Kangaroo Craftsman 7F.

Is the 7F in Australian sizing? Bootsonline.au.com gives me the option of entering my size in Australian sizing and US sizing so I was wondering about that.

edit: Thinking about it some more, I guess the F means that it's an Australian sizing.

allreds

Reaction score
If you're ordering from bootsonline, you're not getting the forum special and didn't really read the first post.

nash

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allreds
If you're ordering from bootsonline, you're not getting the forum special and didn't really read the first post.

Right, I'm not interested in the forum special, so I was looking at Sator's section for "Sizing of Standard Catalogue Models." Anyway, I'm going to order a size down from my AE PAs and see what happens.

allreds

Reaction score
I'm still loving the service from bootsonline.

Dec. 26 - ordered whiskey comfort craftsman, MTO, estimated 4 week wait

Dec. 29 - received confirmation phone call

Jan. 8 - just 13 days after ordering during the holiday season - received email that boots shipped and should arrive in 3-4 days

If the product matches the service, I'll be ordering again very soon.

arossphoto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Inf
New poster here, I ordered a pair of black Blaxland Craftsman boots from ABH a week ago (they shipped the same day). I've been crossing my fingers that they show up sometime soon.

Any luck with your boots yet? I'm considering ordering a pair of RM's and most people seem to recommend Nungar or Boots Online, so I'm curious why you went with Aussie Bush Hats? I was also planning to pay extra for express shipping, mostly for the tracking number. However, all of these companies seem to ship via the Aussie Postal service, so I was surprised to hear you say that the tracking number won't show up online until the boots arrive in the US. That seems kind of useless doesn't it? What if they go missing enroute to the US?

Cheers,

Andrew

alemex

Reaction score
Same for me shipping to France, I was told by aussie bush hat that tracking Aussie Postal service will be available when the package arrives in France.
I check tracking, and find nothing until they finally arrive !

allreds

Reaction score
Nungar's initially positive reveiws really take a slide throughout this thread.
Tracking from bootsonline was available from the moment the billing info. hit the courier.

Narwhale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arossphoto
Any luck with your boots yet? I'm considering ordering a pair of RM's and most people seem to recommend Nungar or Boots Online, so I'm curious why you went with Aussie Bush Hats? I was also planning to pay extra for express shipping, mostly for the tracking number. However, all of these companies seem to ship via the Aussie Postal service, so I was surprised to hear you say that the tracking number won't show up online until the boots arrive in the US. That seems kind of useless doesn't it? What if they go missing enroute to the US?

Cheers,

Andrew

I also recently ordered from ABH. Ordered Dec 19, shipped the 22. I haven't been able to track yet, but I'm not sure if the tracking number is active or I'm trying the wrong place. The ship email said 8-10 work days, so between customs, weekends, and holidays I'm not worried yet. I suppose I could email them to find out about the tracking number, but at this point I'm just trying to forget about them until they get here
smile.gif
. I'll let you guys know when they arrive.

alemex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
The Style Forum special is still available, price was $340.00AUS on 29 december 2008. But those MTO are not available until late February, early March 09.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put in an order 18 Dec and haven't gotten anything yet. I sent an email to Steve on 2 Jan, who said my order had shipped and I should expect them shortly. I guess it's not an unreasonable amount of time for something to ship across the world - especially given my understanding of the Aussie Postal service - but I'm still starting to get a little antsy.

Maybe I'm getting spoiled by the 2-day deliveries I've been getting on a lot of stuff lately.

Jeff H

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got a pair of Gardener boots, and have been wearing them for about a week.

The side of my big toe is getting rubbed in a uncomfortable way (that could potentially lead to a blister) at the front of the boot.

I looked at the RM Williams construction document referenced at the beginning of this thread:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2...ructionmu3.jpg

Item number 6 in the document is "Thermoplastic laminate stiffener protects toes and retains shape". The edge of the stiffener is what's rubbing against my big toe.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any advice?

Thanks!

Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads