• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

laughter95

Reaction score
went to the clarks store today to look at the black desert boot premium. it's certainly a lot more comfortable than the regular as it's lined with cushion and leather.

it's also really ugly. a shiny leather with wrinkles all over, it's pretty much fugly. but one thing i liked as that the rubber on the sides were painted black. i think that looks better.

anyway, i ordered the brown premium and after some hassles with the asshole named "omar" at tysons corner, i finally got the shoe at 69.99 plus tax. it's being shipped to my house. hopefully i like it.

sizing: i fit 10 in puma and diesel shoes, 9 in boat shoes, 8.5 in these shoes. note that 8.5 in regular desert boots will feel more roomy than the premium due to the lack of lining.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got taupe suede dbs and now i'm wishing i got beeswax instead...someone make me feel better
frown.gif

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
just ordered the brown suedes a couple of days ago...should be arriving any time now.

laughter95

Reaction score
imo beeswax only works if you're wearing light colored denim and have a generally relaxed, maybe ratty look. there's a smooth leather in tan/light brown that's much better than beeswax.

and imo suede sucks but at least it's better than beeswax.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My DBs are making the top of my toes sore. Anyone else had this problem? Does it get better over time?

Perhaps I didn't size down enough (even though I like the generally comfy fit on these), and the leather is bending at the wrong part of my foot. Not sure. The toebox does seem very low for a boot, so that could be the issue also.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cleaned my DB beeswax last night and let them dried, applying a little bit of kiwi oil right now. I have both beeswax and tan suede, I wear them with my APCs and love them.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you remove water staines off suede? I got like two drops on my db last week and I have two small circles on the shoe

norbertr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Narwhale
I just bought a pair of the "orange" last week. I think the box said they were 'antique brown' but I'm pretty sure I'm talking about the same pair. It's not really that orange in person imo- I'd say that picture is pretty accurate. I liked the beeswax too, but I already have darker boots and wanted something different. They're my first pair, and I'll definitely be picking up some beeswax or suede before too long.

hey narwhale, got pics? i'd really like to see em.

i just bought my beeswax today. love 'em. so the mink oil is to darken the shoe? what if i just want to clean the leather? and what does silicon spray do?

submissionlive

Reaction score
RFX45 I think you'd be fine having an E width for these as the leather can adjust to accommidate the marginal width difference. So get the length right from all the sizing recommendations in this thread and stick with that. Hope these gonna sove the problem. Best of luck
smile.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

mens socks

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
one thing i liked as that the rubber on the sides were painted black. i think that looks better.

can we not paint our own edges with this stuff - which is available in most better brick & mortar shoe stores

constantine.

Reaction score
my local clarks store had the antique brown leather desert boots on sale for 69 bucks. not bad.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
imo beeswax only works if you're wearing light colored denim and have a generally relaxed, maybe ratty look. there's a smooth leather in tan/light brown that's much better than beeswax.

and imo suede sucks but at least it's better than beeswax.

Why does suede suck exactly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics